Super Six 2021

BIG ERN

Super Six  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

google is not my friend, but they do provide info. Looks like we finished 20. 
Wisc 15

PSU 21 

(according to CBS sports) 

5 total teams in the B1G top 25. 3 in front of us, 2 behind us. 

I guess we aren’t “out-recruiting” the west with WISC 5 spots ahead of us.  Although both Mary and Wisc each have one 5 star recruit which we do not. 

I like our class

fidone 

lutovsky

kpai

nevell
ho’ohuli

prochazka

We have 16-  3 star, which is pretty high on the list...we must develop. So glad so many guys came back w free covid year so we can have some upperclassmen and get depth. 

I added a couple poll questions so it was easier to track the responses.

It only let me have 15 choices the I went with the top 15 ranked players according to the 247 Composite (in order).  Then for the Sleeper I did not include the top 10 ranked players.

The following have already posted but need to go vote: @BIG ERN @TonyStalloni @Husker in WI @Decked @bugeater17 @TGHusker @The Murphinator @swmohusker @Wunderkind @HANC @I am I

13 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

No love for Shawn Hardy? I like that he has a section for blocking in highlights. His attitude from an interview struck me as a hardworking team player and he's going into a very unproven WR room.  I feel good about this one.

From the highlights I saw, Hardy looks like he had really good speed and lateral movement for a 6'3 guy, too. 

1 minute ago, The_Fan_Man said:

I think we have a really good group of linebackers coming in but I'm also an idiot.

1. Thomas Fidone
  2. Wynden Ho'ohuli
  3. Henry Lutovsky
  4. Mikai Gabor
  5. Kamonte Grimes
  6. Randolph Kpai

Sleeper: Seth Malcolm

Yet another coveted Top 20 Ranking from the "experts".  I feel so much better about the future with their endorsement (now 6 Top 20's in a row).  

Would any of the recruiting "experts" venture a forecast on how many of these 6 will be here in 2 years?  

Being a paid recruiting "expert" for Rivals / HI / ESPN Insider must be the greatest gig around.  Your prognostications can be 90% wrong (literally worse than a weather forecaster) and still be the toast of college football fans.

Forgive my cynical attitude, but I am still scarred from 2005.  Also, no disrespect to the posters here who are just expressing unfettered optimism, I just will never buy in to this "second season" again.

5 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Yet another coveted Top 20 Ranking from the "experts".  I feel so much better about the future with their endorsement (now 6 Top 20's in a row).  

Would any of the recruiting "experts" venture a forecast on how many of these 6 will be here in 2 years?  

Being a paid recruiting "expert" for Rivals / HI / ESPN Insider must be the greatest gig around.  Your prognostications can be 90% wrong (literally worse than a weather forecaster) and still be the toast of college football fans.

Forgive my cynical attitude, but I am still scarred from 2005.  Also, no disrespect to the posters here who are just expressing unfettered optimism, I just will never buy in to this "second season" again.

Where are you getting the 6 top 20 in a row from? Scott has put together 3 in a row(including this year) but I dont remember the last one before that. 

2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Where are you getting the 6 top 20 in a row from? Scott has put together 3 in a row(including this year) but I dont remember the last one before that. 

I believe I caught the 6 in a row stat on BTN.  All of this as you know is academic if through attrition many of the signees fail to develop, do not embrace the culture and remain, or just leave for greener pastures (playing opportunities).  Following this news (like practice reports) will make your head spin and do little to change the overall result.  The experts and media keep teasing us with this to keep us interested, while the on-field product flatlines.

48 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Year - 247 - Rivals

2021 - 20 - 20

2020 - 20 - 17

2019 - 17 - 15

2018 - 23 - 21

2017 - 23 - 20

2016 - 26 - 24

On 2/3/2021 at 10:43 PM, Mavric said:

I added a couple poll questions so it was easier to track the responses.

It only let me have 15 choices the I went with the top 15 ranked players according to the 247 Composite (in order).  Then for the Sleeper I did not include the top 10 ranked players.

The following have already posted but need to go vote: @BIG ERN @TonyStalloni @Husker in WI @Decked @bugeater17 @TGHusker @The Murphinator @swmohusker @Wunderkind @HANC @I am I

can you add Weaver to the top 6? I'll prolly be the only one to do so 

I was surprised to see Williams in Bennings S6.  He doesn't look real fluid in coverage to me.  

Fidone & Lutovsky look like utter studs.  Kpai & Ho'ohuli not far behind.

Prochazka is super raw.  He has a non-existent pass set , his pass blocking is sheer athleticism, & plays way too high in general.  But, he has freakish athleticism.  We'll see what kind of coach Austin is with this kid.  Cause he's about as raw as it gets fundamentally, but he's exactly what you'd want to work with.  His HS O-line coach should be embarrassed.  

Ervin - He hasn't run in NU's type of system, but his running style fits it perfectly.  

Sleeper - Buford, he looks extremely fluid in coverage, and mirrors receivers.