2021 Spring Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Mavric

14 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I like where your head is at.  I think it's gotta be either Amigos or Runza ranch though.  Dorothy Lynch would also probably do in a pinch.

Yeah we could just have the cheerleaders wrestle in the cream corn. Baptize Scotts son in Dorothy Lynch and the entire staff in ranch. 

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is a pretty interesting observation.  If it turns out to be correct, we'll see a much different look that we've seen for awhile...

I think he isn't reading it correctly. The OC wants as much size as he can get and putting Toure in at the slot spot, with his ability to stress the D down the seam, it opens up the running game. the D will have to decide if they put a linebacker on him or a DB. For Wandale it was simple, a linebacker in most cases could handle him since he was small and didn't have elite speed, just shiffty quickness. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, uberism said:

I think he isn't reading it correctly. The OC wants as much size as he can get and putting Toure in at the slot spot, with his ability to stress the D down the seam, it opens up the running game. the D will have to decide if they put a linebacker on him or a DB. For Wandale it was simple, a linebacker in most cases could handle him since he was small and didn't have elite speed, just shiffty quickness. 

Eh ... I think that's probably true.  But I don't think they'd be starting him there if we didn't feel pretty decent about our other options on the outside.  The coaches have made a concerted and vocal effort about wanting more size on the outside.  And that's what's been missing the last two years.  I'm pretty confident that's a huge priority for this year so I don't think they're putting their most accomplished guy inside unless they like their other options.

• Plus1 3

"Big Slots" have been rising in popularity in the NFL for a while (think Michael Thomas and JuJu) because they allow you to body a slot corner if they choose to play you small but still get separation if they choose to play you with a linebacker or safety. That being said it's kind of surprising for us considering so many of the slot guys in the Oregon/Frost system also have duties as a ball carrier, which doesn't seem like Toure's game at all. I wonder if we're going to see Toure in passing situations and Brown/Nixon in more of the Duck R role.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
41 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

"Big Slots" have been rising in popularity in the NFL for a while (think Michael Thomas and JuJu) because they allow you to body a slot corner if they choose to play you small but still get separation if they choose to play you with a linebacker or safety. That being said it's kind of surprising for us considering so many of the slot guys in the Oregon/Frost system also have duties as a ball carrier, which doesn't seem like Toure's game at all. I wonder if we're going to see Toure in passing situations and Brown/Nixon in more of the Duck R role.

I definitely think the bolded is what we will see. 

• Plus1 1