2021 Spring Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Mavric

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Mavric thanks for posting that.  I know results need to start showing up on Saturdays. But, this is a great example of how Frost has been changing the team.  I have to believe some of these are going to be great players.  

I feel (hope) this is indicative of Frost realizing what he needs in the B1G is different than what he had at UCF.  Obviously in personnel, but also schematically.  And even with our crappy record, he is still pulling good classes.  Once we start winning, I am sure that will increase.

17 hours ago, uberism said:

he told the coaches before spring ball started. 

Rafdal informed the coaches he was entering the portal prior to spring, he participated in 2 days of spring ball, & Becton referenced him during his post practice presser?  Is that accurate?  Unless he didn't participate in practice & Becton was just covering until the announcement was formal, that's somewhat bizarre.  

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.  

Must have put his rehab time to good use learning the offense - I'm never going to count on great production the first year off of an ACL tear, but I know the coaches really liked what they were seeing initially. Also not great that none of your 4 leaders were on the team in 2019, but we've been over the difficulties with that room a ton and I don't want to do it again. You can (and we have) do worse than 2 proven FCS receivers, a touted older guy, and a smart redshirt freshman leading the room. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Farms said:

Betts has the potential to be one of the best receivers we've seen here in quite some time, in my opinion.

He's definitely the first receiver I can remember in a while that has suited up for Nebraska where I think, "Damn, he looks an Ohio State guy."  Could be really, really special.  I don't mean for this statement to be any shade at all at Stanley who was an absolute stud for NU.  This Betts kid tho....

• Plus1 2