2021 Spring Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Mavric

I have to think that part of Frost’s attitude towards the WRs is that he finally has guys like Betts, manning, Brown and others that have finally been in the program long enough to know what they are doing and look good. These are guys that should be stretching the field and making the offense better. 

it’s exciting.  

• Plus1 6

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have to think that part of Frost’s attitude towards the WRs is that he finally has guys like Betts, manning, Brown and others that have finally been in the program long enough to know what they are doing and look good. These are guys that should be stretching the field and making the offense better. 

it’s exciting.  

I really want to drink the KoolAid. We seem to have more of the pieces this year. Could be the year we've been waiting for. Then I remember the last several years and it tempers expectations. 

• Plus1 1

I’m not drinking s#!t. 
I’m reading the news and all the stuff, but I’m not buying any stock. 
I still hold stock from the 80s so I’m rich in Husker commodities. Never sold any.  I want to see some dividends on field before I invest anymore emotional/heart coins. 

• Plus1 1

The one thing I caught in one of the clips is that they still tend to end up with receivers being very close to each other at the end of their routes.  It's been happening for the last couple of years.  It doesn't make sense to me as it leads to turnovers and one defender can literally guard two men.  I'll assume its on the players making the wrong reads on the fly.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

I really want to drink the KoolAid. We seem to have more of the pieces this year. Could be the year we've been waiting for. Then I remember the last several years and it tempers expectations. 

I agree.  I just think that they have been recruiting good talent to the WR position.  For some reason, the last couple years hasn't seen it on the field.  Be it a group of young kids, injuries (Manning)...etc.  Who knows.  But, I have to believe that when they have recruited the way they have, someone of them have to be able to step up and shine.

• Plus1 1