2021 Spring Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Mavric

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. I would like to see bets line up at tight end position just a package to throw the defense off and plus I think he has enough speed and athleticism to beat linebackers. 

Back when we had Wandale, I wanted Frost to run a package with four wide tight ends and then put wanDale on the line in the tight end position. So you have height and size difference on the outside and then a speed difference in the Middle with Robinson. I think it would be a big mismatch for the defense. Plus the quarterback could run with the tight ends blocking.

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. I would like to see bets line up at tight end position just a package to throw the defense off and plus I think he has enough speed and athleticism to beat linebackers. 

Back when we had Wandale, I wanted Frost to run a package with four wide tight ends and then put wanDale on the line in the tight end position. So you have height and size difference on the outside and then a speed difference in the Middle with Robinson. I think it would be a big mismatch for the defense. Plus the quarterback could run with the tight ends blocking.

Until Wanda is face to face and covered by a 6'6" 300lb DE on the LOS. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Vertical threats in the WR corps make the entire offense look better, including the o-line, RB's and QB.  It's a matter of creating more space vertically, which takes defenders further away from the LOS, and creates more space horizontally.

^ This! Get some legit deep threats at WR, and you fix about 3/4 of the problems with this offense, and 1/2 the problems with the team as a whole. Waaay too many people wanna blame Martinez (and Verduzco by extension), and don't really seem to grasp just how dogs#!t godawful a lot of the players surrounding him have been.

• Plus1 2

Other than from watching yesterday’s highlights, I haven’t seen or heard much about Demaryian Houston #10.  Dude’s got some sprinters legs.   

Also, Jablonski #47 out of Lincoln may prove to be a “steal “ for the class as I believe he’s a walk-on.  Apparently a HS QB who’s learning the WR position, but looks to have the physical tools.  

If we can stay healthy, this WR group could be our best in years.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Other than from watching yesterday’s highlights, I haven’t seen or heard much about Demaryian Houston #10.  Dude’s got some sprinters legs.   

Also, Jablonski #47 out of Lincoln may prove to be a “steal “ for the class as I believe he’s a walk-on.  Apparently a HS QB who’s learning the WR position, but looks to have the physical tools.  

If we can stay healthy, this WR group could be our best in years.  

I love the kid on name alone.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Toe said:

^ This! Get some legit deep threats at WR, and you fix about 3/4 of the problems with this offense, and 1/2 the problems with the team as a whole. Waaay too many people wanna blame Martinez (and Verduzco by extension), and don't really seem to grasp just how dogs#!t godawful a lot of the players surrounding him have been.

Going to be nice to see teams having to keep a deep safety over our X receiver instead of completely ignoring Kade Warner and putting another guy in the box.

• Plus1 3