2021 Spring Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Mavric

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That of course "Begs the Question" - what is wrong :dunno  He basically missed the fall season and it appears it is continuing into the spring.

I hope he gets well not just for Husker sake but for his sake.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the reason why McKewon put "healthy" in quotes is Frost has always referred to it as an injury but there has been a lot of speculation that it is either more than or not so much a physical injury.  Not that I blame Frost if that's the case.  But it sure seems likely that there is more going on that they don't want to - and likely can't - talk about.  

But Manning is definitely back in Lincoln and - per his Twitter - seems pretty engaged with the team.  So hopefully this will get resolved and we'll get to see what he can do on the field.

• Plus1 3
53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the reason why McKewon put "healthy" in quotes is Frost has always referred to it as an injury but there has been a lot of speculation that it is either more than or not so much a physical injury.  Not that I blame Frost if that's the case.  But it sure seems likely that there is more going on that they don't want to - and likely can't - talk about.  

But Manning is definitely back in Lincoln and - per his Twitter - seems pretty engaged with the team.  So hopefully this will get resolved and we'll get to see what he can do on the field.

Hope so - if AM can perform better, we'll have a talented group of receivers - yet wt not a lot of experience in Frost's system.  This spring is vitally important to get us over the 500 mark and into contention in the division. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

But Manning is definitely back in Lincoln and - per his Twitter - seems pretty engaged with the team. 

That's something I noticed: he's been Tweeting more lately than he did during the season. Hopefully that's a sign that he's feeling better. If nothing else, he definitely seems to be trying, and I guess that's all we can really ask for right now.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, TGHusker said:

That of course "Begs the Question" - what is wrong :dunno  He basically missed the fall season and it appears it is continuing into the spring.

I hope he gets well not just for Husker sake but for his sake.

This whole thing with Omar is one of the most baffling and frustrating things.  And, why does it have to be with the player that we need so badly on the field in a position group that desperately needs his talents?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This whole thing with Omar is one of the most baffling and frustrating things.  And, why does it have to be with the player that we need so badly on the field in a position group that desperately needs his talents?

Frustrating for sure, especially as you mentioned with the position being one of our biggest needs. But I don't think it's that baffling, it's a crazy year and it hit everyone a little differently. We saw a bunch of out of state kids transfer, I'm glad Omar didn't and hope with a more normal year he can be the player we thought he would be last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Callahan was asked about Manning.  He said he didn't have much specific but the big deal would be to make sure he gets in a full spring (15 practices).  He said he didn't think he practiced 15 times all last year.

Tough to get the young talent on the game field when they can't even get on the practice field.

• Plus1 5

32 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

I've always thought this. We need to sign frank to a 1 day contract, allow him to retire and sacrifice a goat or something at mid field. Maybe then the curse can be lifted. 

I like that.  Yes, and I think we need to give him one of our conference championship rings that we've won since then just to make him feel a part of our success....   Wait  ....

tenor.gif

im-confused-lol.jpg

• Plus1 1