2021 Spring Notes - Defensive Backs

Mavric

7 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

A more important question - where can I get that script Nebraska sweatshirt Cam was wearing in his interview? That is straight :Fire:!

Couldn't find the exact one, but found some similar stuff:

http://shop.littlemountainprint.com/product/nebraska-script-hoody-dark-olive

http://shop.littlemountainprint.com/product/nebraska-script-sweater

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Nebraska-hand-drawn-writing-graphic-script-CornHusker-Huskers-by-Floydgross/31339815.WFLAH

• Plus1 1

On 4/12/2021 at 6:22 PM, ZRod said:

That's some grown a$$ man hittin' right there. Like in highschool when the senior lights the cocky freshman up.

With the apparent physicality of of our DB's, I still wonder why we do not play a lot more press coverage at the LOS. Especially on 3rd and short(er).  Maybe this year, with more talent, depth and experience we start to see an increase in that, QB hurries and some TO's by the D. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

With the apparent physicality of of our DB's, I still wonder why we do not play a lot more press coverage at the LOS. Especially on 3rd and short(er).  Maybe this year, with more talent, depth and experience we start to see an increase in that, QB hurries and some TO's by the D. 

You have to have a consistent pass rush in order to play a lot of man without giving up big plays. No corner in the world can cover for 5 seconds one on one all the time and not get beat.  2.5 or 3 seconds is a much different story.

That is the single thing keeping this defense from being potential top 3 in the B1G in my opinion.

• Plus1 4
38 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You have to have a consistent pass rush in order to play a lot of man without giving up big plays. No corner in the world can cover for 5 seconds one on one all the time and not get beat.  2.5 or 3 seconds is a much different story.

That is the single thing keeping this defense from being potential top 3 in the B1G in my opinion.

Very true. Prince, Gomes,Dennard, Hagg, and Asante were excellent; but they also had the same NFL caliber guys getting pressure on the QB from the front 4.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, runningblind said:

I agree.  Should have added that ref the QB hurries, hoping we can get a true edge rusher and have enough depth across the board to be good.  If the DL can get the push or own the LOS, this D will be very good for sure.  Not drinking the kool-aid, but getting the pitcher down.