Rock N Roll Regrets

I thought it would be fun to see what bands people regret never seeing in person. Should probably limit it to acts/bands that you had a realistic chance of seeing, at an age you could’ve appreciated it. So let’s refrain from lamenting not seeing Elvis in the 50’s (unless you’re as old as @knapplc :D). And then some of us can jump back in and brag about actually seeing some that others missed.

I’ve got quite a few but I’ll start it off with just a couple.

1- I wish I would’ve seen AC/DC in person in the 80’s or 90’s, particularly For Those About To Rock with the cannons.

2- I think another fun one would’ve been the B52’s in a smaller venue.

Of course there are some powerhouses like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Queen and Pink Floyd (I did see Roger Waters The Wall...) but those seem to be obvious cherry picking and even I am a little too young to have had ample opportunity for them in their prime.

Whatcha got?

• Plus1 2

Bands I wanted to see in person but missed out on:

REM - they stopped being a bar band just before I got to Lincoln. They played at the Zoo here quite a bit. Couldn't go to their bar reunion tour either.

Prince - my biggest regret. I didn't do many concerts when he was doing most of his touring. 

I'm sure there's a couple more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. 

• Plus1 2

I really wish I would have seen Rush on their final tour.

I'm too young to have seen Led Zeppelin, but if they had done a reunion tour at the time that they did their London show in 2008, I would have spent all my money to see them, so it's a good thing they didn't tour I guess.

I was also a huge fan of Fountains of Wayne in the mid 2000's (the "Stacy's Mom" band). One of their guys died of Covid last year, so there will be no more opportunities to see them, either.  

• Plus1 2

Rush and Prince are great ones. No chance for any way over the hill tours either with Peart and Prince gone. Motley Crue would’ve been fun in their hey day too. If I knew who Fountains of Wayne was I’d give you a shout out too @Ulty :lol:

I saw quite a few really good bands at the Zoo back in my college days but no REM. I did not know they played there. Must’ve been shortly after my time in Lincoln. Supposedly George Thorogood popped in a few times when I was in Lincoln but I missed them.  Had quite a few fun nights at the Zoo. Great small venue for the hole in the wall it is. One of the bands I do remember for some reason is Johnny Reno and the Sax Maniacs. Good times.

I did see KISS at Civic in Omaha circa 76 or 77. My first big time concert. Can’t remember if it was the Destroyer tour or one of the Alive tours. We were very near the front of the stage. When Gene Simmons blew fire you could really feel the heat from it.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Prince. Could have gone to the Twin Cities to see him a few years ago, but tickets were enourmous.

Rush. I missed their farewell concert in Lincoln to see Garth Brooks (a great show in and of itself) in Omaha.

Rush or Garth, tough choice at the time. In hindsight tho......

Yeah concerts (good ones anyway) have gotten ridiculously expensive. Glad they weren’t that way in my prime concert going years. I did drop some cash to see The Eagles at Mile High in about 1996 but even that price tag pales in comparison to now. I don’t know what the Rogers Water The Wall tickets cost when I went early 2000’s because I won them from a radio station....with a limo ride to and from. -_-

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Agreed on the b52s,  that would have been fun, I've done a ton of concerts and have seen most of the bands I wanted,   Bonnaroo twice, 7 Ozzfests ,lots of great artists at every one of them,  Van Morrison would have been great, Townes Van Zandt Steve Earle and Guy Clark played some shows together when Steve got home from prison, that was my biggest regret not going to see. Prince as mentioned was an amazing show, another regret was not seeing SRV.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Rush is a big regret. 

I got to see Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. That whole place was one big hot box. :D 

I have never seen more pot in my life than at a Floyd show!

I saw Rush twice, great shows.  I could do without the 30 minute drum solo stuff but I can appreciate how fans love that.

Big regret, GOING to see Smashing Pumpkins...They decided to not play any of their hits, it was horrible.