Rock N Roll Regrets

I was never a big concert-goer when I was a kid, and haven't seen too many as an adult until the past few years.  I have seen Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, and Billy Joel as they came through Denver the past few years.  I was supposed to see PJ and GNR last year, but they were canceled/postponed due to COVD.

I am bummed I never got to see Nirvana in concert.  They played at the old Aksarben ballroom when I was in high school, and some friends of mine went to go see them.  I wish I would have gone with them, just to say I was able to see them live.

Other than that the bands I would have liked to see live and haven't would be:  U2, Van Halen, RHCP, Paul McCartney, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, and Smashing Pumpkins.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I feel like Cheap Trick would be a fun show.

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I saw Cheap Trick, they opened for Aerosmith maybe 15ish years ago. They were a little disappointing, honestly. Better on radio than they are live. The showmanship was not there.

I saw Cheap Trick 5-7ish years ago at the Greeley Stampede. Not bad for being well past their prime. Bad venue though. They had the controls set for a large stadium....but it was a little rodeo arena. Kind of made the partial metal roof and walls rattle. They could’ve left a few of their amps on the truck and it would’ve been better.

Worst I ever saw at the Stampede was Foreigner. Lead singer should’ve quit about ten years before I saw them. He was horrible. I guess it’s not really fair to critique bands 20 to 30 years past their prime. But the tickets are reasonable :lol:  Grand Funk and Blue Oyster Cult were awesome there. Joan Jett was good music but she looked pretty rough. Vince Neil is the last one I saw there. Sounded great, lots of MC hits, but he wasn’t too lively on stage.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I saw Cheap Trick 5-7ish years ago at the Greeley Stampede. Not bad for being well past their prime. Bad venue though. They had the controls set for a large stadium....but it was a little rodeo arena. Kind of made the partial metal roof and walls rattle. They could’ve left a few of their amps on the truck and it would’ve been better.

Worst I ever saw at the Stampede was Foreigner. Lead singer should’ve quit about ten years before I saw them. He was horrible. I guess it’s not really fair to critique bands 20 to 30 years past their prime. But the tickets are reasonable :lol:  Grand Funk and Blue Oyster Cult were awesome there. Joan Jett was good music but she looked pretty rough. Vince Neil is the last one I saw there. Sounded great, lots of MC hits, but he wasn’t too lively on stage.

I heard Vince is horrible now!

I saw Counting Crows in Omaha and I wanted to kill myself.  

BOC would be freaking great if they played their two good songs!

I feel like a Cult show would be AMAZING in like 1985???  

And if I was a 16 year old girl in 1988 and my highschool boyfriend just dumped me for the head cheerleader (who is a total slut!  have you seen her makeup!!). I would have LOVED a Cure concert!  

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I heard Vince is horrible now!

I saw Counting Crows in Omaha and I wanted to kill myself.  

BOC would be freaking great if they played their two good songs!

I feel like a Cult show would be AMAZING in like 1985???  

And if I was a 16 year old girl in 1988 and my highschool boyfriend just dumped me for the head cheerleader (who is a total slut!  have you seen her makeup!!). I would have LOVED a Cure concert!  

I also thought BOC only had two hits worth hearing, before I saw them. Turns out they have quite the catalog of songs. They were really excellent even 30 years removed. Probably the best I've ever seen at the Stampede.

I mean Vince was okay. I was just happy to hear some Crue songs live, and I may or may not have "partaken" a little that night :D

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was never a big concert-goer when I was a kid, and haven't seen too many as an adult until the past few years.  I have seen Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, and Billy Joel as they came through Denver the past few years.  I was supposed to see PJ and GNR last year, but they were canceled/postponed due to COVD.

I am bummed I never got to see Nirvana in concert.  They played at the old Aksarben ballroom when I was in high school, and some friends of mine went to go see them.  I wish I would have gone with them, just to say I was able to see them live.

Other than that the bands I would have liked to see live and haven't would be:  U2, Van Halen, RHCP, Paul McCartney, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, and Smashing Pumpkins.

Great list. I'd love to see any one of those. I wasn't into 90's music in the 90's.  But I love PJ, GnR, RHCP and Nirvana would've been awesome. U2 at Red Rocks....Bloody Sunday....I could die happy.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Great list. I'd love to see any one of those. I wasn't into 90's music in the 90's.  But I love PJ, GnR, RHCP and Nirvana would've been awesome. U2 at Red Rocks....Bloody Sunday....I could die happy.

I forgot about wanting to see Foo Fighters.  I’m sure they put on a good show. They were in Denver a couple summers ago, shortly after Dave Grohl broke his leg. I wish I would have gone to that now. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I forgot about wanting to see Foo Fighters.  I’m sure they put on a good show. They were in Denver a couple summers ago, shortly after Dave Grohl broke his leg. I wish I would have gone to that now. 

Foo Fighters do put on a great show! Hopefully you get another opportunity.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

18 years ago my mom shelled out some big bucks for tickets for me and her to see The Rolling Stones in Denver. It was scheduled a couple days after I was supposed to come back from a work assignment in Florida, but my assignment got extended a few extra days. She was able to take a friend, but I missed the show.

My education and love of classic rock is all due to my mom’s influence, so I was pissed that I couldn’t go to that show with her.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Would love to have seen Rush on there farewell tour.  

Saw Motley Crue on their "Farewell Tour" how ever many years back.  Alice Cooper opened for them and his show was way better.  

As soon as things open up I am taking my son to see RHCP's.  It really doesn't matter where they are at we want to go see them. 

Queen stopped touring before I was old enough to go to one of their concerts, but I think they would have been the best live show ever. Just watching old clips of their concerts blows me away. Freddie Mercury was so much more talented than the rock 'n roll world deserved.

I was trying to think of the first concert I ever went to, figuring it was Van Halen or Def Leppard or one of those, but - true story - my first ever concert was Amy Grant at the Devaney Center in 1985. Went with my parents and had decent seats, as I recall.

I had to look up when that tour was, and found this LJS clipping. L. Kent Wolgamott was at the LJS back in 1985! Holy cow!

NvPVS6X.jpg

I know you guys will give me grief about going to an Amy Grant concert, but here's a bit of knapplc trivia - the lovely Mrs. knapplc was at that concert, too. We found out years later after my mom dumped a bunch of my old t-shirts on me after I got my own place, and my Unguarded Tour t-shirt was in the box. I wore it one day, my then-girlfriend asked why I had it, and she said she was at the concert, too.

This was the t-shirt I had. I wore this sucker until it was falling apart.

Tu749yx.jpg