Rock N Roll Regrets

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Queen stopped touring before I was old enough to go to one of their concerts, but I think they would have been the best live show ever. Just watching old clips of their concerts blows me away. Freddie Mercury was so much more talented than the rock 'n roll world deserved.

I was trying to think of the first concert I ever went to, figuring it was Van Halen or Def Leppard or one of those, but - true story - my first ever concert was Amy Grant at the Devaney Center in 1985. Went with my parents and had decent seats, as I recall.

I had to look up when that tour was, and found this LJS clipping. L. Kent Wolgamott was at the LJS back in 1985! Holy cow!

NvPVS6X.jpg

I know you guys will give me grief about going to an Amy Grant concert, but here's a bit of knapplc trivia - the lovely Mrs. knapplc was at that concert, too. We found out years later after my mom dumped a bunch of my old t-shirts on me after I got my own place, and my Unguarded Tour t-shirt was in the box. I wore it one day, my then-girlfriend asked why I had it, and she said she was at the concert, too.

This was the t-shirt I had. I wore this sucker until it was falling apart.

Tu749yx.jpg

Ha...that is a pretty cool story!

If you get a chance to see Hairball you should check them out.  They do a great job with 80's rock covers. (Songs, not blankets)

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Queen stopped touring before I was old enough to go to one of their concerts, but I think they would have been the best live show ever. Just watching old clips of their concerts blows me away. Freddie Mercury was so much more talented than the rock 'n roll world deserved.

I was trying to think of the first concert I ever went to, figuring it was Van Halen or Def Leppard or one of those, but - true story - my first ever concert was Amy Grant at the Devaney Center in 1985. Went with my parents and had decent seats, as I recall.

I had to look up when that tour was, and found this LJS clipping. L. Kent Wolgamott was at the LJS back in 1985! Holy cow!

NvPVS6X.jpg

I know you guys will give me grief about going to an Amy Grant concert, but here's a bit of knapplc trivia - the lovely Mrs. knapplc was at that concert, too. We found out years later after my mom dumped a bunch of my old t-shirts on me after I got my own place, and my Unguarded Tour t-shirt was in the box. I wore it one day, my then-girlfriend asked why I had it, and she said she was at the concert, too.

This was the t-shirt I had. I wore this sucker until it was falling apart.

Tu749yx.jpg

I won't give you grief about going to that concert. But I will give you grief about wearing that T-shirt :lol:

• Haha 1