Revised 2021 Schedule

21 minutes ago, HANC said:

Still no reason 5-6 wins cant happen. Win 4 of home games, sneak 1 or 2 on road.

I think this assessment is fair.  The question is whether or not this demonstrates any tangible progress after 4 years of a new regime.  Bear in mind that this assessment also factors in a 4th Year Starting QB.  Do we believe our future record will vastly improve with a QB who has yet to start a college game (recruit or transfer)? 

Having said that, and with guidance from the recruiting experts, we know that we are just another Top 20 class or two away from being a contender so be patient.  For us, a contender is apparently defined as 6 wins.

It is so sad when 5-6 wins is considered optimistic,  when in the day it would constitute a firing.

Question is....serious, not attacking....for everyone who refuses to believe this team, with this schedule can win 5-6 games....

If they DO pull out 5-6 wins, it will exceed your expectations, so will you then be less critical?.....not satisfied, but less negative?

Not saying anyone is wrong with negativity, just asking.

15 minutes ago, HANC said:

It is so sad when 5-6 wins is considered optimistic,  when in the day it would constitute a firing.

Question is....serious, not attacking....for everyone who refuses to believe this team, with this schedule can win 5-6 games....

If they DO pull out 5-6 wins, it will exceed your expectations, so will you then be less critical?.....not satisfied, but less negative?

Not saying anyone is wrong with negativity, just asking.

I'm not sure how to take this. There are a lot of people who look at the roster, the lack of production returning on offense, the record the past several years, and think that five wins is a pretty high hurdle for Nebraska.

Is that negative? Is that critical? Or is that realistic?

I genuinely don't think I've been critical or negative about this team. Honestly, optimism has been my issue since 2018.

There's gotta be a lot of "show me" from this team before I believe anything other than four wins is realistic.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm not sure how to take this. There are a lot of people who look at the roster, the lack of production returning on offense, the record the past several years, and think that five wins is a pretty high hurdle for Nebraska.

Is that negative? Is that critical? Or is that realistic?

I genuinely don't think I've been critical or negative about this team. Honestly, optimism has been my issue since 2018.

There's gotta be a lot of "show me" from this team before I believe anything other than four wins is realistic.

Exactly.  My question is.......if they win 5 or 6 games, with everything you have mentioned (all very true), where does that put the fan base?

Satisfied that there is progress?

Happy because most think 5-6 is overachieving?

Pissed that we are still only winning 5-6 ?

24 minutes ago, Fru said:

Need to get six wins out of Illinois, Buffalo, NW, Mich St, Minn, Purdue, SE La. and Iowa. I just don't see it. 

You can add Michigan and Wisconsin to that group, neither of those are guaranteed losses. Even sticking to your original list, who are the 3 losses? Iowa, NW, ..? 6 wins is very doable.

SE LA is a win. The only way we lose to Illinois, Buffalo, Michigan State, or Purdue is a complete collapse - so figure that happens once. Then it's NW (lost a ton of their defense and their only production on offense), Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan (who will be better but was terrible last year). The way I see it is we only have 2 for sure losses (Oklahoma and OSU), 5 games we should win, and 5 that are varying degrees of toss-up. We just probably have to win 2 of the tossups to account for dropping one we should win. 

I'm definitely a kool-aid drinker, but I think 5 wins is the floor and we win a game you left out of your winnable group. I'll save my actual prediction for that thread whenever it shows up, but if we manage to miss a bowl this year I will finally be off the Frost bandwagon.

• Plus1 2