Revised 2021 Schedule

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

All that does is shows how difficult it is to compare two teams with such complete opposite strength of schedules.

Good news here is ESPN actually has a "Strength of Record" ranking which reflects exactly that and.... Buffalo is 31 while Illinois is 76. 

I'm not saying they're world beaters. But they're pretty obviously by legitimately every standard and advanced metric a better team than Illinois. To say they aren't literally goes against every statistical measure out there. 

• Plus1 1

Preseason SP+ for 2021 was released this morning. We're projected 30th nationally with the 43rd-ranked offense and the 19th-ranked defense. Our schedule:

Illinois: 83 (72nd offense/91st defense)

Buffalo: 77 (80/79)

Oklahoma: 3 (1/16)

Michigan State: 59 (94/18)

Northwestern: 75 (124/14)

Michigan: 23 (32/27)

Minnesota: 31 (20/48)

Purdue: 40 (31/63)

Ohio State: 4 (2/38)

Southeastern Louisiana: NR

Wisconsin: 9 (36/2)

Iowa: 16 (51/1)

Based on this we would be favored in seven games. The preseason rankings heavily factor in returning production, so I'm assuming losing all our receiving yards in Wandale killed our offensive rating and we're realistically a little higher.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Preseason SP+ for 2021 was released this morning. We're projected 30th nationally with the 43rd-ranked offense and the 19th-ranked defense. Our schedule:

Illinois: 83 (72nd offense/91st defense)

Buffalo: 77 (80/79)

Oklahoma: 3 (1/16)

Michigan State: 59 (94/18)

Northwestern: 75 (124/14)

Michigan: 23 (32/27)

Minnesota: 31 (20/48)

Purdue: 40 (31/63)

Ohio State: 4 (2/38)

Southeastern Louisiana: NR

Wisconsin: 9 (36/2)

Iowa: 16 (51/1)

Based on this we would be favored in seven games. The preseason rankings heavily factor in returning production, so I'm assuming losing all our receiving yards in Wandale killed our offensive rating and we're realistically a little higher.

thanks for this- I'm going to add it to the thread I just made outlining each game.