Does Suh make the Hall of Fame?

Scarlet

But what about that Lavonte David dude? 

no disrespect Suh, glad he got a ring, but equally thrilled for LD. Kind of felt like the LD show tonight. 

maybe you saw this stat- 9000 snaps and 8 penalties. Cant remember the exact amount of snaps but remember the 8. That’s when you know your a dude 

• Plus1 3
Just now, krc1995 said:

But what about that Lavonte David dude? 

no disrespect Suh, glad he got a ring, but equally thrilled for LD. Kind of felt like the LD show tonight. 

maybe you saw this stat- 9000 snaps and 8 penalties. Cant remember the exact amount of snaps but remember the 8. That’s when you know your a dude 

He's had a pretty badass career too.  Put him in.

• Plus1 1

It will depend (in part) on when Suh retires. If he retires this offseason, I think @BIGREDIOWAN's take is correct that it will take a few ballots. If he can go another year or two and play at a decent level, he solidifies his case based on early career accolades and longevity. 

Lavonte's case is much weaker where he would need to stack stats and/or accolades quickly to get into the HOF conversation. Though his importance to his team is noticeable when watching, not many people watched for so long that he's really got an uphill climb. I hope he can get into the mix, however I think he will end up short of the HOF but still have a great NFL career. 

FL 2010s All-Decade Team: Ranking every player's Hall of Fame chances by tiers

Currently on the outside looking in 

DL Ndamukong Suh: One of the better defensive lineman of his era, Suh's lack of eye-popping numbers, along with the fact that he's played on four different teams, hurts his Hall of Fame argument. 

Article put together back in April.  I love Suh so of course it would be amazing to see an ex Husker get inducted into Canton.  Regardless so stoked for him getting a SB ring and with the way he played in the biggest game of his football career.

• Plus1 3

It's true. When you watch games involving Suh, you really don't hear his name called much. Seems like his fellow defensive linemen get the sacks and the stops. But my understanding is that Suh maintains his reputation because he requires so much double-teaming. That's why he doesn't have the eye-popping numbers, but he's a dominant influence regardless. 

• Plus1 1