2021 Spring Notes - Defensive Line

Mavric

• 1 month later...

Hutmacher is listed on huskers.com as weighing 330 this year.  LINK   That's 25 lbs more than he played at last year.  I'd bet a lot of that new weight is muscle rather than fat.  Or I'd like to think so anyway.  

On 3/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, NUance said:

Hutmacher is listed on huskers.com as weighing 330 this year.  LINK   That's 25 lbs more than he played at last year.  I'd bet a lot of that new weight is muscle rather than fat.  Or I'd like to think so anyway.  

I have to believe that with his strength along with his wrestling background, he will see the field and be a major contributor at some point.  I'm not surprised he didn't see the field as a true freshman and that's not an indication that he's not going to work out.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have to believe that with his strength along with his wrestling background, he will see the field and be a major contributor at some point.  I'm not surprised he didn't see the field as a true freshman and that's not an indication that he's not going to work out.

From things I heard about Hutmacher is that he had to gain quickness and learn how to play with better technique.  He went from being able to dominate in high school due to his sheer size and strength to going up against equitable players, which is always an adjustment..

14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

From things I heard about Hutmacher is that he had to gain quickness and learn how to play with better technique.  He went from being able to dominate in high school due to his sheer size and strength to going up against equitable players, which is always an adjustment..

this was my assessment when I watched his film when he first committed.  I thought he was way too slow off the ball especially for college.  He didn't use much technique because he was so much bigger and stronger.  People say he has a good motor and that great that he doesn't quit but when your motor is moving much slower than the guy with the ball it doesn't do much good.  I see him coming in on goal line and very short yardage stuff.  He's just a space eater 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tuioti said he has six DLs right now that he feels are game-worthy.  He expectes a couple more will be there by fall.  Jordan Riley in that mix.  Another is Colton Feist, sophomore walk-on from Yutan.

Buckley, Hutmacher and Black seem to not be there yet but appear to be guys Tuioti think could be by fall.

But based on guys that played last year, I would think Stille, Daniels, Rogers and Robinson would be four and then Riley and Feist would be six.  Not sure where that leaves Deontre Thomas.  And I thought they were high on Mosai Newsom.

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Tuioti said he has six DLs right now that he feels are game-worthy.  He expectes a couple more will be there by fall.  Jordan Riley in that mix.  Another is Colton Feist, sophomore walk-on from Yutan.

Buckley, Hutmacher and Black seem to not be there yet but appear to be guys Tuioti think could be by fall.

But based on guys that played last year, I would think Stille, Daniels, Rogers and Robinson would be four and then Riley and Feist would be six.  Not sure where that leaves Deontre Thomas.  And I thought they were high on Mosai Newsom.

Unless he wasn't considering Stille who they've held at this spring.  I'd sure think Thomas would be included in that list but who knows.

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

This group is so deep. I’m always surprised when Hutmacher isn’t mentioned as in the two deep. But, maybe that means more about the guys ahead of him being good than him not being good.