2021 Spring Notes - Defensive Line

Mavric

Gotta say.. I've watched the "Through Our Eyes" with Snacks and Ty Robinson multiple times and you know what.. The love, the respect, the unity they show with one another is HUGE. There really is genuine love and family feel. No divide. No racial tensions. Only one for all and I don't know about the rest of you but I'm drinking the koolaid they're pouring. I think that video, the last words spoken by Ty and the reaction from snacks shows it all. We win together, We lose together, We sweat together, we are ONE!!! ONE FAMILY lovin on each other. Great Video!!! Giving my HUGE hope. GBR!!!

PS: Did I Say... I'M BUYING IN

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Isn't he technically still a DE?

8. BEN STILLE, NEBRASKA

After playing defensive end for the entirety of his career, the 6-foot-5, 295- pound Stille kicked inside to defensive tackle in 2020 and had the best season of his career. He put up a 79.0 PFF grade, nearly nine grading points higher than his previous career-best. Stille was one of the more productive pass-rushing interior defensive linemen in the Power Five, recording an 81.5 grade in that facet, which ranked behind only Alabama's Christian Barmore and Ohio State's Haskell Garrett.

I believe PFF - like others - have gone to an "EDGE" category to denote OLBs (in a 3-4) or DEs (4-3).  That way they are talking about the same general type of player and it doesn't matter which scheme they happen to play in.  By the same token, a Defensive Interior player would be DTs in a 4-3 or any of the DLs in a 3-4 as they are not the end man on the line and thus their roles would be somewhat similar regardless of scheme.

• Plus1 3

On 4/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, Decked said:

Hutmacher is pretty big and strong but he’s not very athletic. 

That's surprising considering he was one of the best heavyweight hs wrestlers in the nation. 

Then again, I've not seen any fb film or clips of him since he stepped on campus.  

• Plus1 3