Meat Pasta Sauce/Pic

Roxy15

We had this last night for dinner and it was good. 

I made it early in the morning and cooked it on low for several hours.

Pasta Meat Sauce:

You can make this is the crockpot, but, we prefer it cooked in the Dutch Oven.

Fry 1-1/2 lbs. hamburger and 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean hot sausage in skillet; drain grease.

Put meat mixture in Dutch Oven.

Add diced white onions, diced green peppers, diced garlic-(all to taste)-and 1 carton sliced fresh mushrooms; stir.

Add 4-(24-oz.)-jars Prego Three Cheese Pasta Sauce; sprinkle garlic salt and pepper, to taste; stir.

Cook on low heat for several hours, stirring occasionally.

A few minutes before serving, take a bite to make sure it’s as hot as you want it to be-(if it isn’t, turn the heat up.)  My sauce was hot because I cooked it for a long time..but, everyone’s stove is different and it all depends what time you eat.

Served it over cooked egg noodles.  

My preferred pasta is Fettuccini, but I was out of it so I used egg noodles/(Use Your Favorite Pasta).

Sprinkle some Kraft Grated Parmesan Romano Cheese or Fairy Dust over the sauce; then top with some Lucerne Parmesan Romano Cheese; sprinkle more Kraft Grated Parmesan Romano Cheese Or Fairy Dust on top; do it the way you want.  In my opinion, there can never be too much cheese!

Fairy Dust:

Depending on the size of the shaker container you are using, you may have to adjust the amounts.  I save my empty spice containers to make Fairy Dust and other spices.

Fairy Dust:

1/2 Cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese-(In Shaker)
4 iT. Garlic Powder
2 T. Oregano Leaves
1 T. Onion Salt

Put all of the ingredients in a bowl; stir.

Put an aluminum pie pan on  counter; put bowl in pan.  

***This is to keep your counter clean when putting the Fairy Dust in the shaker spice container.

Using an empty spice container-(use a container that when you lift up the lid, there is a top with holes in it)-put the spice container in the aluminum pan.  

Spoon the Fairy Dust that’s in the bowl into the shaker spice container.

A9F6B33E-F57C-4182-B16D-5BB2C6A4E374.jpeg

• Plus1 1

• Roxy15 changed the title to Meat Pasta Sauce/Pic