Year 4 Expectations

It's the headman. Nebraska has issues because of the headman. Frost learned that his actual system doesn't work in this conference. He needs a new profile of player and he was the last to adjust. You need a smart and accurate Qb over a running one. You need 4 decent sized to big RBs. You need tall receivers and combo TE's. You need tall D lineman and LB's who are 6ft 3in or taller. And you need secondary players, corners specifically who are willing to hit. AND all those mentioned have to be fast. I didn't mention O-lineman because they are huge already. 

Duval is doing work with this roster. When I saw Jurgens flatten Tommy Tagioi mutliple times with ease, I knew we were making strides. Just look at pictures of the 17 roster and then look at the guys now. Night and day. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Yeah, Saban stealing Indianas strength and conditioning just proves how much of a finger on the pulse Saban really has. I remember reading about it when it first happened and I am still blown away that he took Indiana of all programs strength and conditioning you would have to believe that he could have the pick of the litter save for Clemson Ohio State. 

I personally like Deval. But I am an old school lift heavy eat protein repeat kind of guy. With the one caveat to that being I would emphasize stretching muscles and tendons as much as possible in order to prevent injury a huge emphasis on recovery. Stressing rest proper nutrition and stretching would be my approach to the new wave. water got to have lots and lots of water. 

Maybe throw in a little chicken chasin

2 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Yeah saving stealing Indiana strength and conditioning just proves how much of a finger on the pulse saving really has. I remember reading about it when it first happened and I am still blown away that he took Indiana of all programs strength and conditioning you would have to believe that he could have the pick of the litter save for Clemson Ohio State. 

I personally like Decal. But I am an old school lift heavy eat protein repeat kind of guy. With the one caveat to that being I would emphasize stretching muscles and tendons as much as possible in order to prevent injury a huge emphasis on recovery. Stressing rest proper nutrition and stretching would be my approach to the new wave. water got to have lots and lots of water. 

I’m gonna go ahead and say they..they already do this. You just left out the Dbol, test, & some sarms like Ostarine & god knows what else. Maybe some HGH too. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Honest question:  How do you know exactly what kind of program they have implemented now and how much that differs from what you think they should be doing?  What, specifically, are the differences?

Right now they are in position groups doing circuit training.  They will do this till spring practice begins.  Once sprng practice begins, they will start doing individual programs based on what the coaches think they need.  

Neither program is wrong and definitely has its place as long as it isnt pushed to far.  Duval is one of those guys that thinks we needs to squat heavy and often to become better and I along with others that have been to some of his clinics have different opinions on that.   

I will add one more thing that I do not care for and it is that he takes the incoming freshman and throws them right in the deep end. Some of these kids have not had a very good weight lifting program in high school and all of a sudden they get thrust into workouts that should be worked up too.  

I do hope Duval evolves because I know he loves Nebraska and this program just like Frost does and wants it to succeed just as bad as anybody. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, Decked said:

I’m gonna go ahead and say they..they already do this. You just left out the Dbol, test, & some sarms like Ostarine & god knows what else. Maybe some HGH too. 

Hey...you left out the Deer Antler Spray.  Just ask Bama how it works

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Yeah, Saban stealing Indianas strength and conditioning just proves how much of a finger on the pulse Saban really has. I remember reading about it when it first happened and I am still blown away that he took Indiana of all programs strength and conditioning you would have to believe that he could have the pick of the litter save for Clemson Ohio State. 

I personally like Deval. But I am an old school lift heavy eat protein repeat kind of guy. With the one caveat to that being I would emphasize stretching muscles and tendons as much as possible in order to prevent injury a huge emphasis on recovery. Stressing rest proper nutrition and stretching would be my approach to the new wave. water got to have lots and lots of water. 

The one thing that amazes me with Saban is that he is always up to date with the latest trends in college football and doing it at 68.  

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Hey...you left out the Deer Antler Spray.  Just ask Bama how it works

It’s legal for consumption. I tried it. Noticed some strength gainz. Sarms are a grey area. You can buy them online but they aren’t legal for “human consumption”. So people just test it on their “lab rat”. But for the price I’ll just run a test base of 200mg (which is pretty cheap) & other compounds. 

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Right now they are in position groups doing circuit training.  They will do this till spring practice begins.  Once sprng practice begins, they will start doing individual programs based on what the coaches think they need.  

Neither program is wrong and definitely has its place as long as it isnt pushed to far.  Duval is one of those guys that thinks we needs to squat heavy and often to become better and I along with others that have been to some of his clinics have different opinions on that.   

I will add one more thing that I do not care for and it is that he takes the incoming freshman and throws them right in the deep end. Some of these kids have not had a very good weight lifting program in high school and all of a sudden they get thrust into workouts that should be worked up too.  

I do hope Duval evolves because I know he loves Nebraska and this program just like Frost does and wants it to succeed just as bad as anybody. 

Concur about the freshman. One of the reasons we’ve had so many injures to them every single year. They just get decimated. 

most of these kids aren’t coming from a powerlifting background (unless you’re Marvin Scott) or even dabble that much into Olympic weightlifting. Everyone mostly does the power clean/hang clean/squat/bench but outside of that you have no clue. 

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Im not a fan of Duval because he, like many other Huskers and Husker Fans, are still stuck in the 90's.   

S&C has changed so much in the last 30 years that we need to stay with the changes.  

A lot of fans want to push blame on Riley and his S&C staff for the way our players were but they were more up to date with what was going in the S&C world then what Duval has been so far.   Philipp and crew did have the player doing back squats but not as consistently as Duval.  They put more focus on DLs,  Power Snatch and Front Squats.  They also focused on lifts like split squats and lunges.  

The article that Hilltop posted earlier where Epley made a comment about equipment being brought back in was a load of crap.  That equipment was actually moved out during Dobsen's time because they had no reason to use it.  Epley had it brought back in when Bo and company were let go and Philipp had it removed again because it didnt fit into his program.  The reason Epley is/was pissed is because he designed and held the patents on some of the equipment and didnt like that is was getting pushed aside.  

The way you've been pushing the SEC lately I'd say you're not a fan of Nebraska at all. In your heart, is there an SEC team that Nebraska is above? Seems to me you are here only to push your negative views of the B1G and more so, Dear Old NU... Just saying!! (edit: and yes, i know you've been around longer than me, have had many positive posts but of late.. seems only negative)

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

I have Year One expectations. That's both good and bad.

It's almost like Scott Frost had a three season false start. The part you can blame on Riley is gone. Expectations have hit bottom. Let's start over.

We have a good recruiting class. I think the team will look and play young, but if that means deserving young talent is stepping up and playing well, a lot of mistakes will be forgiven. My only demand is forward motion. And excitement. Ears pinned back, nothing-to-lose-everything-to-gain excitement.

I can't attach a win total to that.  We just need to look better than last season. Even with young talent. Especially with young talent. That's not asking too much. 

• Plus1 2
51 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

The way you've been pushing the SEC lately I'd say you're not a fan of Nebraska at all. In your heart, is there an SEC team that Nebraska is above? Seems to me you are here only to push your negative views of the B1G and more so, Dear Old NU... Just saying!! (edit: and yes, i know you've been around longer than me, have had many positive posts but of late.. seems only negative)

I dont care about the SEC all that much but do pay attention to what they do and how they do it.  

I do care about Husker football but will also call a spade a spade.  I think we have improved on the defensive side the last couple years and think we will take another big step this next year.  On the offensive side,  I have been pretty critical of Frost and how he runs things.  I know he wants to run his spread offense but we just arent equipped to do from a personnel standpoint at this moment.  Hopefully with recruiting and developments in the S&C department, we could get there. 

• Fire 2
1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

FYI - This isn't a Facebook group where we can only spew sunshine and rainbows about the Huskers.  We have honest critical discussions here.

Speaking of, got a week long mute on HUSKER ARMY for a one word comment that said "dammit".

• Plus1 2