Brendan Jaimes - We didn't turn a corner last year

knapplc

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Well....not only is Corcoran likely to be drafted someday, it'll likely be much higher than Jaimes.

Jaimes revealed zero about culture problems other than he wasn't interested in being part of the solution.

That's sort of what I took away too. He doesn't sound like someone who was interested in being part of the culture solution. We tried, didn't work, I left before the season was over.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

I understand that when it comes to Nebraska football Love is Love, but I truly feel as though Time (The Clock of the Heart) is running out for Frost. He needs to be a Karma Chameleon and change things around because I think we’re all tired of being Victims and screaming “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?”. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

The offense is sound schematically but the fact that they have lame a$$ WR's is killing them.  If the safeties can play at less than 10 yards deep, you are not going to move the ball.

This is like freshmen football...basically everyone on D is within 7-8 yards from the ball.

Can't remember where I read it, but there was an article that described it well: Frost had shrunk most of his offensive scheme down to the level of a 90s high school offense. And I'm preeeety sure he didn't do that because he wanted to.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Toe said:

Can't remember where I read it, but there was an article that described it well: Frost had shrunk most of his offensive scheme down to the level of a 90s high school offense. And I'm preeeety sure he didn't do that because he wanted to.

Yep, but we're totally going to win 8 games this year still.

8 hours ago, Toe said:

IF TRUE... what does that really mean..??  You have coaches that cant coach, kids that can't learn or a scheme that doesn't work...  Either way, by year 3, that crap should have already been sorted...

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3

@twofittyonred I still mostly lean toward the players being the weak link, mostly at a couple specific positions. At this point, I feel like the staff is good at bringing in guys with talent, but aren't as good at identifying how well guys 'fit' (work ethic, likelihood of sticking around Lincoln, etc.).

• Plus1 3

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ummm, no s#!t they didn't.  This is not news, this is, well, olds.

The defense is pretty much okay

The offense is sound schematically but the fact that they have lame a$$ WR's is killing them.  If the safeties can play at less than 10 yards deep, you are not going to move the ball.

This is like freshmen football...basically everyone on D is within 7-8 yards from the ball.

QFT

I coach 7th grade and the past two years I've been lucky to have QBs that could actually throw an accurate ball over 15 yards (and could run).  I don't remember any other year where we've had more rushing yards because the safeties and corners actually had to do something besides playing LB.

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, funhusker said:

QFT

I coach 7th grade and the past two years I've been lucky to have QBs that could actually throw an accurate ball over 15 yards (and could run).  I don't remember any other year where we've had more rushing yards because the safeties and corners actually had to do something besides playing LB.

Dude, coaching middle school football basically requires you having the best kids or being a genius coach.

There is no way to come up with blocking schemes when you are always faced with an 11 man front! haha

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude, coaching middle school football basically requires you having the best kids or being a genius coach.

There is no way to come up with blocking schemes when you are always faced with an 11 man front! haha

Yep!  My "4-4" is basically a "4-7" until they try to pass.  And usually, that attempt at a pass is so wildly inaccurate my "4-7" turns into a "10-1"!  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

QFT

Also, if you are interested.  This is amazing

I was doing some freshmen football a few years ago, we were 0-8 and getting killed, letting up over 20 a game.  I literally installed this in pre-game, in the meeting room, showing them how to do it just using the marker board.  Ended up losing the game in OT 6-0.

It might not be great at the MS level but I think it would still work because of the difficulty with blocking the "dogs".

I just used two calls, Loop (Ends go out, Dogs go in) and Pinch (Ends crash in, Dogs go out). Two calls was all we needed and if you have low level kids that you have a hard time getting on the field...they make great ends and great dogs in this system because they are only asked to go in or out.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, pubes said:

I understand that when it comes to Nebraska football Love is Love, but I truly feel as though Time (The Clock of the Heart) is running out for Frost. He needs to be a Karma Chameleon and change things around because I think we’re all tired of being Victims and screaming “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?”. 

I love everything about this post. Great username, too.