Brendan Jaimes - We didn't turn a corner last year

knapplc

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yep!  My "4-4" is basically a "4-7" until they try to pass.  And usually, that attempt at a pass is so wildly inaccurate my "4-7" turns into a "10-1"!  

So many memories!!!!

I linked you a clip, check it out, if you are coaching again, you should use it.  I really can't say enough good things about that 3-5-3.  You will install it in 15 minutes and never have to worry about it again.  

22 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm fairly confident the vast majority of our culture issue is found on one side of the ball. Considering practically all of the defensive players were welcomed back and ready for more while on offense you saw a mass exodus. Hoping we finally have a clean slate on the offensive side of the ball. 

It's interesting how the most well liked coach (amongst players) and best recruiter was the guy everyone bagged on before he got here. Turns out, he's the crown jewel of the staff. But we won't get into that! The O is a mess. 

• Plus1 5
57 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

It's interesting how the most well liked coach (amongst players) and best recruiter was the guy everyone bagged on before he got here. Turns out, he's the crown jewel of the staff. But we won't get into that! The O is a mess. 

I was skeptical of Chins at first but the guy is honestly more down to earth then anyone else on the staff and I think that is why the players have a better connection to him.  

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, pubes said:

I understand that when it comes to Nebraska football Love is Love, but I truly feel as though Time (The Clock of the Heart) is running out for Frost. He needs to be a Karma Chameleon and change things around because I think we’re all tired of being Victims and screaming “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?”. 

I can’t tell if you are the worst poster I’ve ever seen here....or the best.

7 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I was skeptical of Chins at first but the guy is honestly more down to earth then anyone else on the staff and I think that is why the players have a better connection to him.  

I'll go a little further. He is all about being the DC for Nebraska. It is a role that he has embraced to the point where his alliance to Iowa has been completely negated. He even went so far to cover up an Iowa tattoo he has on his arm. I'll go even a little further than that and this is my opinion. If Nebraska makes another jump on D (10-15 spots) next year, and Frost is not cutting it, I am interviewing Chins first. His D would be a lot better now if the O didn't put them in bad spots. The way he recruits and schemes is actually top notch. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, I am I said:

all the naysayers on a Frost offense...

it’s just around the bend. 

see you in the fall when we exploding 

I think the offense ranks somewhere around 45 in the country in total yards with PPG being around 55-60. Hopefully Adrian doesn’t have to run as often & we get a few backs developed (less turnovers). 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Huskadeez said:

Corcoran won’t be drafted higher than Jaimes?

He has been saying that Jaimes was going to start losing playing time.  Now he’s claiming Jaimes doesn’t want yo be part of the solution.  Like, playing 4 years for a school isn’t enough.  

For some reason he has a problem with Jaimes even though he’s been our best lineman playing every game for a long time.  

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Implosion is a better word.

No QB back up....No "experienced" WR, no RB......Young/new OL.......I'm not expecting a whole lot next year.  I did think 2021/2022 would be when we saw what Frost could do.  Believing "culture was the crime", but year 4, after 3 years of diminishing offensive production (best was with "gulp" Riley's guys) I am unsure when we turn this proverbial corner.  I don't think it'll be next year.  I pictured year 4 would be senior leadership at each level, experienced starters, system down, mistakes cleaned up etc...Defensively we have improved.  Offense looks like a dumpster fire.  Potential for sure.  But I thought that about the with all the other guys we brought in....

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, lo country said:

No QB back up....No "experienced" WR, no RB......Young/new OL.......I'm not expecting a whole lot next year.  I did think 2021/2022 would be when we saw what Frost could do.  Believing "culture was the crime", but year 4, after 3 years of diminishing offensive production (best was with "gulp" Riley's guys) I am unsure when we turn this proverbial corner.  I don't think it'll be next year.  I pictured year 4 would be senior leadership at each level, experienced starters, system down, mistakes cleaned up etc...Defensively we have improved.  Offense looks like a dumpster fire.  Potential for sure.  But I thought that about the with all the other guys we brought in....

Foster and Farmer were Pelini recruits 

Gulp.

Frost has made it clear that we were too small, especially on the OL.

There is a lot to be excited about on the offensive line.

It would be interesting to see the name of every offensive lineman recruited by Riley and what their ultimate impact was for us.

• Haha 1