Jump to content

2021 Baseball Schedule


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, nublackshirt00 said:

No fans allowed at games next week in Round Rock, per B1G, even though Round Rock is allowing fans this weekend for SEC/Big 12 games.  

 

B1G gonna B1G......:facepalm:

 

As I've long said, you can't operate from the premise that the rules have to make sense.

Link to post

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an embarrassment for the BIG. Not even having a single team considered to host a Regional. Thanks to Kevin Warrens incompetence. Its not safe to go play Creighton, UNO or KState midweek traveling

So this man makes over 1 million dollars a year  to collect and count votes? Well what do they vote on? Who puts out the approach, plan, agenda, topic being voted on- the tooth fairy? Warren has stumb

No fans allowed at games next week in Round Rock, per B1G, even though Round Rock is allowing fans this weekend for SEC/Big 12 games.     B1G gonna B1G......

9 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Executives sitting in a bubble in Chicago making policy for a conference spread from the east coast to Lincoln with no interest in finding the pulse of any of its members.  

Sitting here looking at the scoreboards. Creighton, UNO, South Dakota St, North Dakota St, Northern Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Wichita St - all figured out how to play ball the last two weeks. But the big bad B1G with all their money and resources couldn't figure it out. Welcome to COVID, blessed be the flexible - as the B1G continues with dumb rigid policies. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
32 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Sitting here looking at the scoreboards. Creighton, UNO, South Dakota St, North Dakota St, Northern Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Wichita St - all figured out how to play ball the last two weeks. But the big bad B1G with all their money and resources couldn't figure it out. Welcome to COVID, blessed be the flexible - as the B1G continues with dumb rigid policies. 

 

UNO had a 4 game series at Oregon get canceled for Covid pretty last min and they were able to schedule a quick 2 game series with the #22 Sooners and went 1-1 against them last weekend. The Mavs are currently up 7-5 against our old Missouri friends right now in game 2 of a 4 game series. They have Creighton next weekend and Kansas the weekend after that. Sounds fun!

 

If there was any sport that lends itself to social distancing it is baseball/softball. It really is too bad the B1G hasn't adjusted even a little bit to make things more flexible and easier to do.

Link to post
26 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

 

UNO had a 4 game series at Oregon get canceled for Covid pretty last min and they were able to schedule a quick 2 game series with the #22 Sooners and went 1-1 against them last weekend. The Mavs are currently up 7-5 against our old Missouri friends right now in game 2 of a 4 game series. They have Creighton next weekend and Kansas the weekend after that. Sounds fun!

 

If there was any sport that lends itself to social distancing it is baseball/softball. It really is too bad the B1G hasn't adjusted even a little bit to make things more flexible and easier to do.

Woulda been nice for the B1G to allow for 2 weeks of non con games then put B1G standards into play starting this upcoming Monday. Best of both worlds, your teams get 6-8 non con games in and aren't going out mid week to ruin your B1G "bubble". 

Link to post

20 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Woulda been nice for the B1G to allow for 2 weeks of non con games then put B1G standards into play starting this upcoming Monday. Best of both worlds, your teams get 6-8 non con games in and aren't going out mid week to ruin your B1G "bubble". 

It's going to hurt come tourny time.

Link to post
34 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

It's going to hurt come tourny time.

I'm thinking we're a 1 bid league, maybe 2 if there is 2 teams that really show they're head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Knowing the B1G, I think there is gonna be about 4 teams with between 28-30 wins in a 44 game conf season. Seems like the safest move will be the NCAA takes the champ and leaves the other 3 at home - because there is gonna be no real good way for any one to standout without a non con. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
On 2/27/2021 at 2:14 PM, Omaha-Husker said:

 

UNO had a 4 game series at Oregon get canceled for Covid pretty last min and they were able to schedule a quick 2 game series with the #22 Sooners and went 1-1 against them last weekend. The Mavs are currently up 7-5 against our old Missouri friends right now in game 2 of a 4 game series. They have Creighton next weekend and Kansas the weekend after that. Sounds fun!

 

If there was any sport that lends itself to social distancing it is baseball/softball. It really is too bad the B1G hasn't adjusted even a little bit to make things more flexible and easier to do.

UNO with a .500 record after playing Oklahoma & Missouri... Win the next 2 series (against Creighton & Kansas)  and watch out... That team might make some noise in it's conference. Fun times :D

Link to post
11 hours ago, Loebarth said:

UNO with a .500 record after playing Oklahoma & Missouri... Win the next 2 series (against Creighton & Kansas)  and watch out... That team might make some noise in it's conference. Fun times :D

UNO may win the Summit?? My nephews play for Western Illinois. They aren't a power house by any stretch, but I just watched them beat #4 Loiusville,  and play the other two games tough. Summit could be interesting. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, HANC said:

UNO may win the Summit?? My nephews play for Western Illinois. They aren't a power house by any stretch, but I just watched them beat #4 Loiusville,  and play the other two games tough. Summit could be interesting. 

 

Oral Roberts has owned that league forever. I think it was like 19 or 20 consecutive league titles until UNO won in 2019. The previous season's champ gets to host the tourney the next season so UNO is hosting in 2021 one nice thing about the missed season is they get to use the new park.

 

The conference has struggled to keep enough members to keep the sport qualified by the NCAA. This year only 5 members have a team, they are adding Northern Colorado next year to get back up to 6. Reality is they are among the weakest leagues, take all the challenges northern teams have then add in being a low major conference they are going to be a 1 bid league with their winner getting a 4 seed.

 

I still like to see the ole alma mater beat P5 squads in anything and it is so great to see a local school with a roster loaded with guys from Nebraska compete and beat much bigger programs in the region. UNO provides a bunch of kids the chance to play D1 ball locally that aren't recruited by Nebraska or Creighton.

 

Anyways back to the Skers.

Link to post

BIG fan of UNO this weekend.  Great to see they are sold out for their opening series at their new field.  Beat the Jays!

 

In all seriousness, they are a program on the rise.  They have closed the talent gap vs the other local D-1 schools, and will continue closing the gap if the B1G keeps treating baseball like it's a club sport.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...