Jump to content

2021 Baseball Schedule


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

No B1G and Notre Dame is the lone Midwest representative. My gut says with a non-con schedule, one of Nebraska, Indiana or Michigan would have done well enough to play their way into the hosting category. 3 CUSA teams is pretty wild. In 2019 they had a conf RPI of 11 while B1G was at 7. Here we are with B1G getting shut out and CUSA with 3 potential regional hosts. 

Link to post

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an embarrassment for the BIG. Not even having a single team considered to host a Regional. Thanks to Kevin Warrens incompetence. Its not safe to go play Creighton, UNO or KState midweek traveling

So this man makes over 1 million dollars a year  to collect and count votes? Well what do they vote on? Who puts out the approach, plan, agenda, topic being voted on- the tooth fairy? Warren has stumb

No fans allowed at games next week in Round Rock, per B1G, even though Round Rock is allowing fans this weekend for SEC/Big 12 games.     B1G gonna B1G......

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

No B1G and Notre Dame is the lone Midwest representative. My gut says with a non-con schedule, one of Nebraska, Indiana or Michigan would have done well enough to play their way into the hosting category. 3 CUSA teams is pretty wild. In 2019 they had a conf RPI of 11 while B1G was at 7. Here we are with B1G getting shut out and CUSA with 3 potential regional hosts. 

 

To speak frankly, I'm kind of celebrating this direct slap at the B1G conference by the ncaa. This heavy handed, whining, afraid of their shadow leadership in the front office is disgusting. Actually, its degrading to have to accept it and in the acceptance it shows whom makes all the calls within the universities. They're all a bunch of pen toting elites.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

 

To speak frankly, I'm kind of celebrating this direct slap at the B1G conference by the ncaa. This heavy handed, whining, afraid of their shadow leadership in the front office is disgusting. Actually, its degrading to have to accept it and in the acceptance it shows whom makes all the calls within the universities. They're all a bunch of pen toting elites.

Yeah our bed was made when the conf decided to do conf only. B1G made their opinion known when they decided to have non-con slate for hoops and not for baseball. They really don't care. It's a shame because Michigan, Indiana, and Nebraska have 3 of the best young coaches in baseball and just had a team one win from a national title. 

Link to post

Kevin Warren was and is an unqualified, incompetent, "Woke" virtue signaling and now unfireable hire. He is a laughing stock and HE will be the man negotiating the new BIG TV contract- and hence responsible for tanking the BIG

 

He still hasnt moved his family to BIG headquarters in Chicago. Hes just here to put a line on his resume so he can become the first black commissioner of the NFL. 

Link to post

We can blame Kevin Warren but not without also blaming the disgusting 12 school leadership roles too. They could all come together and make change but they won't because they aren't in the positions to support student athletes, coaches and AD's.. Even though they're pockets are lined deep by the athletes blood, sweat, tears and sometimes death or life changing accident.. These jerks in the power positions of every school including Lincoln don't care even a single iota about the athletic departments. What they care about is their own pocket books and nothing, not a single thing more. Disgusting but true!

Link to post

FYI if Oregon St is a 2 and Nebraska is a 2. And they both win their regionals and matchup in the supers, it still has to be played at one of the top 16 seed sites. So Nebraska and Oregon St could square off in Ft. Worth for a Super. What an atmosphere... 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

What an embarrassment for the BIG. Not even having a single team considered to host a Regional. Thanks to Kevin Warrens incompetence. Its not safe to go play Creighton, UNO or KState midweek traveling by bus and returning home the same day- buts it's just fine to travel to COVID hotspots 1,000+ miles away and stay in hotels- got it. "Following the science"

 

BIG doesnt care about baseball. OK to have a basketball tourney indoors- but a baseball tourney held outdoors in a Covid cold spot is too dangerous?? They make it SO easy for anyone to recruit against ANYONE in the BIG> 

 

Kudos to Will Bolt, recruiting with both hands tied behind his back and shackled to a 300 dead weight Kevin Warren with an ankle chain. 

 

  • Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

Again.. gonna say it again.. Yes Warren has blame but so too does the each school administration. They could easily voted to play OOC but chose not too. If you're going to spread hate at Warren spread it also at the chancellors and presidents.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Again.. gonna say it again.. Yes Warren has blame but so too does the each school administration. They could easily voted to play OOC but chose not too. If you're going to spread hate at Warren spread it also at the chancellors and presidents.

Kevin Warren LEADs the League- he has chosen not to push for baseball in the BIG- JUST like he chose not to lead for football until he was dragged kicking and screaming by the likes of Nebraska and Ohio State. The BIG got pegged as a JV conference while all the big boy pants football programs played. Had Jim Delaney been in charge, a MUCH different result. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Kevin Warren LEADs the League- he has chosen not to push for baseball in the BIG- JUST like he chose not to lead for football until he was dragged kicking and screaming by the likes of Nebraska and Ohio State. The BIG got pegged as a JV conference while all the big boy pants football programs played. Had Jim Delaney been in charge, a MUCH different result. 

Warren works for the conference universities chancellors and presidents. He follows their lead and as a newcomer he wasn’t in position to push back against their opinions. Yes, it would have probably been different under Delaney, but he’s not around. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

On 5/15/2021 at 5:25 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Warren works for the conference universities chancellors and presidents. He follows their lead and as a newcomer he wasn’t in position to push back against their opinions. Yes, it would have probably been different under Delaney, but he’s not around. 

 So this man makes over 1 million dollars a year  to collect and count votes? Well what do they vote on? Who puts out the approach, plan, agenda, topic being voted on- the tooth fairy? Warren has stumbled and bumbled every step of the way. He is a joke and carrying the mans water only enables him to continue to take this conference into the tank. Just wait and see the kind of TV contract he "negotiates"- no excuses- all on him. 

 

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Interestingly enough the Wisconsin Volleyball team was awarded 2 Forfeits from NORTHWESTERN this year. 

 

Northwestern Baseball comes to Lincoln and played 2 games- competed well in game 2- it DIDNT RAIN HARD here today- they could have easily played. NW would have had to have some of the relievers pitch again or have position players play pitcher. Just like in football when you run out of QBs and a wideout has to play it- like NU almost had to do last year. In football would the BIG have allowed NU not to play and no forfeit if CTB would have had to play QB last year when all of our QBs were hurt?

 

THis conference is a joke- run like a criminal Russian oligarchy 

"After the two matches against Northwestern, which were cancelled earlier this season, were declared as forfeits by the Big Ten"

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2021/4/1/22363248/wisconsin-badgers-are-back-to-back-big-ten-volleyball-champions-dana-rettke-sydney-hilley

Link to post

I just had a very scary thought cross my mind. It wasn't until after the Michigan/Indiana game that our BigTen.org moderator changed (or corrected/updated) the standings showing Nebraska in the lead. It (the thought) was almost simultaneous to my surprise in seeing the updated standings. That thought... watch the game callings next weekend be totally biased against us. 

 

So, because words have power... Everyone needs to rebuke that thought now and until the end of our 4th game. I'll start, in every thing that is baseball... I Rebuke any and all incredibly stupid thoughts and words referring to a biased occurring!!! It won't happen because the B1G loves us!!!! GBR!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...