Bring back the Fullback !

AFC

I approve of this message.  Wonder why we don't use a TE as a HB.  Perhaps we did and I missed it.  Seems a great way to get more of our most talented (and deepest) position group on the field.  Run 12/13 personnel and have one go to an HB.....Use what we have.  Not what we want.  I also like the idea of a true FB.  Something primal about that position....

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, lo country said:

I approve of this message.  Wonder why we don't use a TE as a HB.  Perhaps we did and I missed it.  Seems a great way to get more of our most talented (and deepest) position group on the field.  Run 12/13 personnel and have one go to an HB.....Use what we have.  Not what we want.  I also like the idea of a true FB.  Something primal about that position....

Agreed.  If I were Frost looking at the talent on the roster, I would be experimenting with using Fidone & Hickman as the slot receiver similar to how UF utilized Pitts, or moving them around between slot, TE, & H-back as KC does w/Kelce.  Most spread option offenses have an interchangeable big H or H-back & a little h or Duck-R in NU's scheme.   Outside of Bubble Screens & triple options, which NU doesn't execute very well, & has rarely been run since the early Oregon days, you lose very little scheme wise.  

57 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

Agreed.  If I were Frost looking at the talent on the roster, I would be experimenting with using Fidone & Hickman as the slot receiver similar to how UF utilized Pitts, or moving them around between slot, TE, & H-back as KC does w/Kelce.  Most spread option offenses have an interchangeable big H or H-back & a little h or Duck-R in NU's scheme.   Outside of Bubble Screens & triple options, which NU doesn't execute very well, & has rarely been run since the early Oregon days, you lose very little scheme wise.  

Problem is we dont have Pitts. 

• Plus1 1