***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

26 minutes ago, GSG said:

This is pretty cool. 3D rendering of the Stanley Cup if it had all the rings still on it. Goes through some history of the cup, winners, etc.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/31816443/the-ultimate-stanley-cup

Very cool.

My brother got to drink out of the Cup quite a few years back. Dave Andreychuk lived in my brothers neighborhood in Tampa and he took it to their golf clubhouse for a party.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, GSG said:

Man, the Pens were not very nice to MAF in his return to Pittsburgh as a Blackhawk. 4 goals in the first sent him to the bench. 

I'd take him back in Pittsburgh in a heartbeat though. Dude is a class act

He deserves to play for a better team than Chicago. I’m actually a little surprised they got him signed.

• Plus1 1

• 1 month later...

This Covid BS is really messing up my winter entertainment. Huge numbers of players in protocol and numerous games being canceled/postponed. How’s a guy supposed to wager on hockey in these conditions?

Preds-Avs game a few nights ago, not a single coach on the Preds bench had ever coached at the NHL level before. Had to bring up guys from their AHL affiliate due to everyone being out with Covid.

I told a friend just yesterday that the NBA/NFL/NHL leadership may not have yet put a protocol on vaccines in place, but as more and more of these games are cancelled or rescheduled and they begin to lose revenue from tv broadcasts and attendance because a Sunday noon game moves to a Tuesday evening game etc - the networks/owners will begin to demand better vax rates and protections.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor Hall is a punk. Quit on the Coyotes, quit on the Sabres, rearranged MacKinnon's face last night on a hit that, while not necessarily dirty, I believe was intended to be. My biggest issue with it last night is that he wouldn't man up and own up to it. The Avs hounded him all night for a fight, and he ran every time. What a wuss.

Man, I can't stand the Bruins. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Taylor Hall is a punk. Quit on the Coyotes, quit on the Sabres, rearranged MacKinnon's face last night on a hit that, while not necessarily dirty, I believe was intended to be. My biggest issue with it last night is that he wouldn't man up and own up to it. The Avs hounded him all night for a fight, and he ran every time. What a wuss.

Man, I can't stand the Bruins. 

Taylor Hall is a tool, but that hit was clean. He shouldnt have to answer for a fluke injury like that. 

It was bad luck but the hit was clean. We will never know intent. 

• JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***