***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

On 2/23/2022 at 8:58 AM, JJ Husker said:

I actually hate watching hockey on ESPN. They kinda suck at it. I don’t think they have a director that knows how to do it. Their camera views and when they use them are bad. Plus the announcers leave a lot to be desired. I’ve got a really nice site to use if you PM me. You can watch any game with home or away feed.

We talking Avs games on Altitude here JJ? :)

• Oh Yeah! 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, default_28 said:

It sucks when you root for a team who has what is almost unanimously seen as the worst ownership in the league. But then that owner unexpectedly dies, sad but also giving a glimmer of hope. Things just got a lot more interesting around here that’s for sure.

Are you talking about the Rockies or the Broncos? :lol:

Seriously though, the Sens have driven me nuts this season. If I bet against them more they would be in the Stanley cup playoffs. But when I do bet on them they lose. I literally can’t win with them. I don’t know how they win so many games and still have such a bad record.

• 1 month later...

Who ya got?

My picks.

East

Panthers—Hurricanes

Panthers conf champs

West

Avalanche-Flames

Avs conf champs

Avs all the way baby.

Edit 5-21-22

Need to revise my East prediction. Now looks to be a Lightning-Hurricanes conf final with Tampa advancing to the Cup finals. (Unless Carolina can pull their head out of their a$$ very quickly).

• Oh Yeah! 1
15 minutes ago, GSG said:

@JJ Husker Sorry for bumping your game onto ESPNU lol

Pretty wild (and long) game last night

Ha, so that’s where they moved it to. I had to work late, when it wasn’t on ESPN on my Xfinity app I just brought it up on that one website. At least I got the homer Avs announcers that way.

I watched some of that Pens game before 7:30. 3 OTs :lol: that thing didn’t end until the Avs were into their 3rd period. Avs put a nice beat down on the Preds and made me a little moolah.

I’d like to blame your Penguins for ruining my 4 team parlay but the Caps also contributed. 2 out of 4 doesn’t pay too well :lol:

Did you see any of that Toronto-Tampa game Tues night? Holy sh… 23 penalties, 113 total pims :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Ha, so that’s where they moved it to. I had to work late, when it wasn’t on ESPN on my Xfinity app I just brought it up on that one website. At least I got the homer Avs announcers that way.

I watched some of that Pens game before 7:30. 3 OTs :lol: that thing didn’t end until the Avs were into their 3rd period. Avs put a nice beat down on the Preds and made me a little moolah.

I’d like to blame your Penguins for ruining my 4 team parlay but the Caps also contributed. 2 out of 4 doesn’t pay too well :lol:

Did you see any of that Toronto-Tampa game Tues night? Holy sh… 23 penalties, 113 total pims :lol:

I saw some of the highlights. Taking care of a pregnant lady is my main job right now (outside of my paid job lol)

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 4:00 PM, JJ Husker said:

Who ya got?

My picks.

East

Panthers—Hurricanes

Panthers conf champs

West

Avalanche-Flames

Avs conf champs

Avs all the way baby.

I've been watching some, not entire games, but a period here and there.

Calgary has that KC Chiefs look on ice, but also playing real well.  I see them playing Avs and it should be a good one

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

I've been watching some, not entire games, but a period here and there.

Calgary has that KC Chiefs look on ice, but also playing real well.  I see them playing Avs and it should be a good one

I’ve been watching complete Avs games and most of the other games.  Avs have looked very strong except for their last game against StL.

The Calgary-Edmonton series has been great so far, high scoring firewagon hockey and very physical. Neither team looked that great in round 1 but the battle for Alberta has brought out the best in them.

Have been very disappointed in the East series. A couple of the Toronto-Tampa games were legit. Panthers and Hurricanes are playing well below their regular season form. I’m not sure how NYR made it past @GSG Penguins. I guess because Shesterkin has been decent in goal for them. Tampa seems to be the only East team that has stepped it up for the playoffs….unfortunately because it’s about time for them to not be involved in the Cup finals.

I still think the West finals will be Avs vs Flames but the East likely will be Lightning vs Canes. Still hopeful my Avs can get it together, make some adjustments and get back on track versus the Blues. Tonight’s game is very important for them. If they allow the Blues to control them again like last game, they might get bounced in Rd 2 yet again.

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve been watching complete Avs games and most of the other games.  Avs have looked very strong except for their last game against StL.

The Calgary-Edmonton series has been great so far, high scoring firewagon hockey and very physical. Neither team looked that great in round 1 but the battle for Alberta has brought out the best in them.

Have been very disappointed in the East series. A couple of the Toronto-Tampa games were legit. Panthers and Hurricanes are playing well below their regular season form. I’m not sure how NYR made it past @GSG Penguins. I guess because Shesterkin has been decent in goal for them. Tampa seems to be the only East team that has stepped it up for the playoffs….unfortunately because it’s about time for them to not be involved in the Cup finals.

I still think the West finals will be Avs vs Flames but the East likely will be Lightning vs Canes. Still hopeful my Avs can get it together, make some adjustments and get back on track versus the Blues. Tonight’s game is very important for them. If they allow the Blues to control them again like last game, they might get bounced in Rd 2 yet again.

Shesterkin has been terrible on the road. But, the offense hasn't helped him at all this series.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I will be honest, I have not seen Colorado play that much lately.  But I do know they are a top 4 team (last year and this year)......

The teams from the East don't impress me, so I feel the CUP will come from the West.

• Plus1 1

I hate St. Louis. As a Hawks fan first, Avs fan second, I have never liked them. But the actions of their team this series have been horrible. It was great to see Kadri (and I'm not a big fan of his) with the hat trick last night. That should shut 'em up. Let's finish this in five!

My wife is a HUGE Rangers fan, so I'm glad to see them make a series of it against the Canes. Hopefully they even it up tonight. 

Oh, and way to show up Florida. Ouch. 

• Plus1 1
  • JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***