***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

40 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Makar, Toews, and Byram, are the difference makers in that series...

Jesus could be in net, and he'd still get scored on, so Kuemper and Smith are just going to be along for the ride....lol

I agree but I do think Keumper is a bit better than Smith, especially when he stays busy. Darcy tends to struggle when he’s not seeing a lot of pucks and that won’t be a problem.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree but I do think Keumper is a bit better than Smith, especially when he stays busy. Darcy tends to struggle when he’s not seeing a lot of pucks and that won’t be a problem.

Everybody I know has been hoovering Kuemper this year, saying he's been better than Grubby, but what's overlooked is that he's got some crazily solid D'men in front of him.  Look at Grubby last year, put up career numbers, and now that he's in Seattle, he's complete crap

On 5/27/2022 at 8:55 PM, JJ Husker said:

Well I guess the diff wasn’t the goalie. Husso way out played Keumper. Avs O just kept the pressure on and StL had no counter attack and couldn’t break through our D.

I dunnoooo about all that. 

I'd say Kuemper was better, but the difference was the blueliners in front of him...

16 minutes ago, walksalone said:

I dunnoooo about all that. 

I'd say Kuemper was better, but the difference was the blueliners in front of him...

That’s kinda what I said. Although I do think Keumper let in some soft ones. He stays sharper when he’s seeing more pucks.

Excited for this next series to get going tonight. Hopefully the Avs can hold McDavid and Draisaitl to some pedestrian output. I don’t believe either of those guys scored in our previous matchups this year. As much as it’s being billed as McDavid vs MacKinnon, I think this series will be decided by the 3rd and 4th lines. The top lines are going to get theirs but the Avs should have a slight advantage after that. It’s gonna be fun.

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s kinda what I said. Although I do think Keumper let in some soft ones. He stays sharper when he’s seeing more pucks.

Excited for this next series to get going tonight. Hopefully the Avs can hold McDavid and Draisaitl to some pedestrian output. I don’t believe either of those guys scored in our previous matchups this year. As much as it’s being billed as McDavid vs MacKinnon, I think this series will be decided by the 3rd and 4th lines. The top lines are going to get theirs but the Avs should have a slight advantage after that. It’s gonna be fun.

I'm a little surprised that Makar hasn't been mentioned much in all this build up, but that's fine.  I hope this rest has helped him, and he can come out and destroy...

55 minutes ago, walksalone said:

I'm a little surprised that Makar hasn't been mentioned much in all this build up, but that's fine.  I hope this rest has helped him, and he can come out and destroy...

Yep, he and Mikko could be the real difference makers if they get back to normal.

Cale’s goal scoring seemed to drop off after he crashed into the post a few games back. Wondering if he hasn’t had some rib or muscle issues. And Rantanen has been almost nonexistent for about 2 months, ever since he missed about a week with “illness”. He’s looked a step slower and has been less physical on the boards and in the corners. He’s the one I would really like to see fully back on track.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep, he and Mikko could be the real difference makers if they get back to normal.

Cale’s goal scoring seemed to drop off after he crashed into the post a few games back. Wondering if he hasn’t had some rib or muscle issues. And Rantanen has been almost nonexistent for about 2 months, ever since he missed about a week with “illness”. He’s looked a step slower and has been less physical on the boards and in the corners. He’s the one I would really like to see fully back on track.

Well, Byram has been filling in nicely for Sammy G, and I'd love to see Mikko wake up and start being Mikko again

I am excited about this series. Colorado should win, and I agree with the Oiler players saying, "the Avs are the best team in hockey".  Plus the Avs have a tremendous record at home.  I'm real proud Edmonton made it this far; it's been a great year.  I'm thinking Avs in 6.  I want Oilers in 7 lol. 

Can't wait until the puck drops! 

USATSI_10645794-696x520.jpg

• JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***