***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

IDK why but I just have no respect for the Rangers. Heck all their off season moves were just adding goons to deal with Wilson and the Caps. Shesterkin, Panarin, Zibanejad and Kreider are good but pretty big drop off after that imo. But apparently I’m wrong because I’ve lost a lot of money betting against them in these playoffs.

The "kid" line is pretty good...

don't forget Strome

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So who ya got in this Rangers-Lightning series?

I gotta go with Tampa even though I’ve been wrong about NYR all along. Didn’t think they belonged in the playoffs and thought they’d get eliminated every step of the way.

I haven't been following, because the only team I like in the East is the Philadelphia Flyers.  I hope whoever wins between Avs/Oilers will win the cup.

My teams are Oilers, Flyers and Seattle Kraken.  I've adopted the Kraken since Day 1 of existence.  Could be a long ride before anything meaningful for them, but I'm on board.  

These conference finals are going to be amazing, and a great time in my house. Between the Avs for me and the Rangers for my wife, we're invested every night. Now, if it ends up Avs/Rangers in the finals, our marriage may not make it. But hell, it's been a good run these 27 years...

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Hell of a win! Love that the Avs aren't falling for the obvious BS that Edmonton is trying to do. And Kane has the most punchable face in all of sports for me right now. What a douche nozzle. 

Kane is definitely at the top of that list but Nurse and Draisaitl are very deserving honorable mentions. I doubt we see MacDermid but I am hoping. Considering how horrible the oilers power play was, would be worth it to give up a couple PPs to see Dermie pound on a couple of those guys.

• Plus1 1

We were at a Rangers bar in Denver on Saturday (home of the Mile High Blueshirts), and that was a blast. The game sucked unfortunately, but still a really fun place and a good opportunity for my wife to meet more of "her" people. Looks like our marriage isn't going to be put to the test after all.

I don't think the finals go any less than at least 6 games. I am very concerned about the Avs ability to score on Tampa because their goalie is ridiculously good. And, we know that Frankie or Darcy will give up some soft ones. Tampa's offense doesn't scare me, but the Avs goaltending does. Plus, I can't stand the way Tampa plays hockey, mucking up the neutral zone. It's certainly effective, but here's to hoping for there not being a 3 peat. Avs in 6. 

• Plus1 1
  • JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***