***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

8 hours ago, GSG said:

Yikes

Yeah, this wasn’t good. Kadri suspended indefinitely until he talks to NHL player safety. Not his first infraction...

But, he sure hasn’t been doing much for the Avs lately (like last 2 months lately), so I don’t think they’ll miss him too much. Good thing because I think he’s prob done for this season.

I still don’t understand how Wilson gets zero games with his history and Kadri is indefinite. You could easily make the argument that Kadri’s hit was not overly intentional while Wilson’s crap was all intentional goon. But they sure can’t allow hits like that in the game either.

35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, this wasn’t good. Kadri suspended indefinitely until he talks to NHL player safety. Not his first infraction...

But, he sure hasn’t been doing much for the Avs lately (like last 2 months lately), so I don’t think they’ll miss him too much. Good thing because I think he’s prob done for this season.

I still don’t understand how Wilson gets zero games with his history and Kadri is indefinite. You could easily make the argument that Kadri’s hit was not overly intentional while Wilson’s crap was all intentional goon. But they sure can’t allow hits like that in the game either.

The NHL safety people are about as consistent as targeting calls in football. It does seem that they have a real boner for Wilson

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Nazem Kadri takes hard cheap shots and goes high because he is an a$$h@!e, and sucks as a defender.

And everybody is tired of his sympathetic look of, "what did I do?"

Nah, man.  That cheap shot was intentional.  He always goes high too, and he did exactly what goons do for their team.  That play killed a possible momentum swing too.  He knew what he was going to do and he flat out leveled the guy on ice.

I've always liked the Blues, but now I hope they kick their a$$. 

15 hours ago, admo said:

Nazem Kadri takes hard cheap shots and goes high because he is an a$$h@!e, and sucks as a defender.

And everybody is tired of his sympathetic look of, "what did I do?"

Nah, man.  That cheap shot was intentional.  He always goes high too, and he did exactly what goons do for their team.  That play killed a possible momentum swing too.  He knew what he was going to do and he flat out leveled the guy on ice.

I've always liked the Blues, but now I hope they kick their a$$. 

:lol::lol::lol:  Okay.....you can hope.

Yes Kadri plays on that edge but he is far from a goon.  I imagine he has been getting frustrated with his lack of contributions to goals-points-scoring and may have made a bad decision there to "help" in another way.  I actually wish the Avs had a goon enforcer type but they have zero.  Their biggest weakness is when/if other teams get physical with them. They can skate better than any team in the league but they struggle when they get bashed around.  The Blues have historically been a team that chooses the physical route with the Avs.  They'll be sitting at home after another 2 or 3 games.

Edit- and BTW, flat out leveling a guy on the ice does not indicate a "bad" hit. In the back or in the head yes.... but I've been around hockey long enough to know rule #1 is to keep your head on a swivel.  That's why so many of the big hits occur when guys have their head down. I'm not saying Kadri's hit was clean, because he did catch him in the head with his shoulder, but just like targeting in football, these guys are moving fast and sh#t happens.

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

:lol::lol::lol:  Okay.....you can hope.

Yes Kadri plays on that edge but he is far from a goon.  I imagine he has been getting frustrated with his lack of contributions to goals-points-scoring and may have made a bad decision there to "help" in another way.  I actually wish the Avs had a goon enforcer type but they have zero.  Their biggest weakness is when/if other teams get physical with them. They can skate better than any team in the league but they struggle when they get bashed around.  The Blues have historically been a team that chooses the physical route with the Avs.  They'll be sitting at home after another 2 or 3 games.

Edit- and BTW, flat out leveling a guy on the ice does not indicate a "bad" hit. In the back or in the head yes.... but I've been around hockey long enough to know rule #1 is to keep your head on a swivel.  That's why so many of the big hits occur when guys have their head down. I'm not saying Kadri's hit was clean, because he did catch him in the head with his shoulder, but just like targeting in football, these guys are moving fast and sh#t happens.

Called it like I saw it, said my piece, and I stand behind it. 

Dead center ice, flying forward, focus on goal, shot on goal, rammed by a pointless vicious high hit.  Knocked him out cold. There's lots of ice to do that.  I know hockey.  I like the speed, the hits, the fights.  It was greasy and not needed.  

It doesn't change my mind that the Avalanche are 1 of 4 that have skated great all year and could very well make it to the Stanley Cup championship.  We all know this.  

At the same time, I know the Oilers are ready to get there too. And it would be a blast to see them face off 

2 hours ago, admo said:

Called it like I saw it, said my piece, and I stand behind it. 

Dead center ice, flying forward, focus on goal, shot on goal, rammed by a pointless vicious high hit.  Knocked him out cold. There's lots of ice to do that.  I know hockey.  I like the speed, the hits, the fights.  It was greasy and not needed.  

It doesn't change my mind that the Avalanche are 1 of 4 that have skated great all year and could very well make it to the Stanley Cup championship.  We all know this.  

At the same time, I know the Oilers are ready to get there too. And it would be a blast to see them face off 

Oh it was definitely greasy and not needed. Blues made up for it tonight. Nothing quite that blatant but they got in 4 or 5 cheap ones.

Im kind of hoping the Blues win game 4. I bet the Avs to win the series 4-1 but at this rate they’re going to sweep.

Avs sweep the Blues :waste

So much for my 4-1 series result bet. But that’s okay, the Avs can use the extra couple days off to get healed and rested. They didnt get any of those chances during the regular season. Now we just need the Wild to beat up and wear out the Golden Knights.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Avs sweep the Blues :waste

So much for my 4-1 series result bet. But that’s okay, the Avs can use the extra couple days off to get healed and rested. They didnt get any of those chances during the regular season. Now we just need the Wild to beat up and wear out the Golden Knights.

Avs on a mission! 

Oilers are toast lol. 

1 hour ago, admo said:

Avs on a mission! 

Oilers are toast lol. 

I had the Oilers in a 4 team parlay yesterday with the Predators, Avs & Bruins. I cashed out my bet with Preds & Avs good and Bruins & Oilers both up 2-0. Good thing because Im not sure how the Oilers let the Jets come back in that one.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Avs straight up embarrassing the 2nd best team in the league. 6-1 after 2.

And no surprise, Vegas goons up and does what they do best. I absolutely hate every single player on the Knights. This series is gonna be war.

Avs in their heads already. Going just like I'd hoped to start.

• Oh Yeah! 1

Ryan Reaves gets two game suspension for attempt to injure penalty in game one. For the life of me I can’t figure out what criteria NHL dept of player safety uses when metting out these decisions. Reaves is one of the remaining and well known goons in the game. He has been suspended in the playoffs twice before for similar bs. Kadri is not a known goon but also has had a couple prior suspensions. So why does an obvious attempt to injure get only 2 games while Kadri’s greasy (dirty if you prefer) hit get 8 games? The VGK always get by with this kind of sh#t.

• JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***