***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

I'm no Blues fan, but it's strange to see people openly rooting for Nazim Kadri.  Are we rooting for Evander Kane too?

Why would we not root for Kadri?  I realize some people can’t get beyond his “dirty player” reputation but I’ve watched almost every minute of his ice time for the last 2-3 years and the reputation is overblown. If he used to be a dirty player, he isn’t anymore. He plays at that edge and hard to the whistle but isn’t that what a hockey player should do?

I’ll root for him all day long especially when he’s getting death threats and racist crap tossed his way. And I sure as hell won’t support that whiny puss Binnington or the dhead StL coach Berube who won’t even try to diffuse the situation with the classless Blues fans. Anybody that knows squat about hockey can plainly see Kadri didn’t run their goalie on purpose or with intent to injure. I’d have to wonder about somebody who doesn’t support Kadri in this situation.

21 hours ago, default_28 said:

I'm no Blues fan, but it's strange to see people openly rooting for Nazim Kadri.  Are we rooting for Evander Kane too?

I'm not sure that I understand the comparison. Kadri has some history of on ice actions (the one last year against the Blues was horrible and warranted the suspension that he received). Evander Kane is a POS with a documented history of domestic violence, sexual assault, and assault charges, on top of the gambling debts, faking a Covid vaccination card, and other items. Comparing those two players and "rooting" for them are completely different situations, in my opinion. I may not like Kadri's actions in games at times, but I will willingly root against Evander Kane. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I'm not sure that I understand the comparison. Kadri has some history of on ice actions (the one last year against the Blues was horrible and warranted the suspension that he received). Evander Kane is a POS with a documented history of domestic violence, sexual assault, and assault charges, on top of the gambling debts, faking a Covid vaccination card, and other items. Comparing those two players and "rooting" for them are completely different situations, in my opinion. I may not like Kadri's actions in games at times, but I will willingly root against Evander Kane. 

Kadri's done quite a bit more than you stated, but I understand where you're coming from...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

You’re right that I overstated it and Kadri probably shouldn’t be in the same category as Kane and Deangelo. But to me he’s easily one of the least likeable players in the NHL. No this doesn’t mean he should get death threats or have to deal with racist garbage, that’s completely uncalled for in any situation. I just wouldn’t ever express that I’m glad a guy that’s been suspended 6+ times for dirty play is doing well. Sorry if I was taking a shot at a guy that avs fans like. But if a guy on my team was continually showing himself to be dirty I’d have a hard time rooting for him. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, default_28 said:

You’re right that I overstated it and Kadri probably shouldn’t be in the same category as Kane and Deangelo. But to me he’s easily one of the least likeable players in the NHL. No this doesn’t mean he should get death threats or have to deal with racist garbage, that’s completely uncalled for in any situation. I just wouldn’t ever express that I’m glad a guy that’s been suspended 6+ times for dirty play is doing well. Sorry if I was taking a shot at a guy that avs fans like. But if a guy on my team was continually showing himself to be dirty I’d have a hard time rooting for him. 

He's on my team, had a great statistical season, I still don't like him

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, default_28 said:

5 minutes ago, walksalone said:

He's on my team, had a great statistical season, I still don't like him

I don’t disagree. He earned the rep he got while with Toronto. I just haven’t seen that from him these last 2 years in an Avs sweater. The open ice hit on Faulk last year was bad but I really think it was more a case of a momentary lapse of reason and frustration than an attempt to injure. The deal with Binnington this year in game 3 was absolutely nothing. He was just doing what he’s supposed to do, drive hard to the front of the net. He avoids puss boy if the D man doesn’t force him into him.

I’ve grown to really like Naz. When he’s on the ice he is working his tail off. He reminds me of Peter Forsberg. Not that I think he’s that good but his work ethic is there every game. Unfortunately he does have some baggage that can be hard to get past but I don’t think he plays as greasy as he used to.

I know I’m crazy but I’d almost prefer the Avs re-sign him and a few other players and let Mackinnon go if they have to. Their whole offense relies on Mack too much imo and when he’s off his game the productivity suffers. He’s been pretty awful this series. (I say right before he has a 4 point game 5 :lol:)

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I know I’m crazy but I’d almost prefer the Avs re-sign him and a few other players and let Mackinnon go if they have to. Their whole offense relies on Mack too much imo and when he’s off his game the productivity suffers. He’s been pretty awful this series. (I say right before he has a 4 point game 5 :lol:)

I'm sorry, but that's the most bats*t crazy thing I've heard.  You're going to let one of the best players in the league go for Naz???  Sweet baby six pound twelve ounce jesus... 

It doesn't just rely on NattyMac, it relies on Gabe, Mikko, Makar, Toews, and Big Val.

Finally, he's got the 3rd highest playoff ppg all time, right behind Gretz and Super Mario

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

I'm sorry, but that's the most bats*t crazy thing I've heard.  You're going to let one of the best players in the league go for Naz???  Sweet baby six pound twelve ounce jesus... 

It doesn't just rely on NattyMac, it relies on Gabe, Mikko, Makar, Toews, and Big Val.

Finally, he's got the 3rd highest playoff ppg all time, right behind Gretz and Super Mario

I should explain :lol:

My son and I have this deal where we text each other during Avs games. When Mac is not producing we start s#!t talking his play and invariably he turns it around and happily proves us wrong. This was a bit of that cuz no, I don’t want to give up one of the top 3-4 players in the league for Kadri. But I do get frustrated when Mac goes on those streaks where he flies by everyone, over stick handles and turns the puck over…but I’m not delusional.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I should explain :lol:

My son and I have this deal where we text each other during Avs games. When Mac is not producing we start s#!t talking his play and invariably he turns it around and happily proves us wrong. This was a bit of that cuz no, I don’t want to give up one of the top 3-4 players in the league for Kadri. But I do get frustrated when Mac goes on those streaks where he flies by everyone, over stick handles and turns the puck over…but I’m not delusional.

ok, thank you for the context..

Next time he's out on the power play, watch Makar leave the puck for him in the defensive zone, he picks it up and comes zipping up the ice.  Watch how many defenders collapse on him opening up opportunities for the other guys on the pp...

• JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***