***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

8 minutes ago, walksalone said:

ok, thank you for the context..

Next time he's out on the power play, watch Makar leave the puck for him in the defensive zone, he picks it up and comes zipping up the ice.  Watch how many defenders collapse on him opening up opportunities for the other guys on the pp...

Oh I’ve seen that a thousand times. It’s beautiful.

Now watch how many times he comes zipping into the zone and turns the puck over by losing it off his stick or by making an errant pass.

I know I know, I expect him to be perfect all the time and that’s unrealistic. And some of it is the other guys just can’t operate at his level consistently. I’m just frustrated (and a few dollars poorer) because he hasn’t had the best series against StL. But you’re right, accounting for him opens up the other guys so it still serves a purpose.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Oh I’ve seen that a thousand times. It’s beautiful.

Now watch how many times he comes zipping into the zone and turns the puck over by losing it off his stick or by making an errant pass.

I know I know, I expect him to be perfect all the time and that’s unrealistic. And some of it is the other guys just can’t operate at his level consistently. I’m just frustrated (and a few dollars poorer) because he hasn’t had the best series against StL. But you’re right, accounting for him opens up the other guys so it still serves a purpose.

Well everytime he's been out there, he gets Perenko (sp) and that kids a stud...

Great discussion everyone, I appreciate the conversation. Always great to talk hockey! I'm honestly not a Kadri fan; I was listening to the spitting chicklets podcast today, and they compared him to Wilson and Marchand. I think those are pretty good comparisons, and I can't really stand any of them. They have a role on the teams, and a lot of people say that you love them if they're on your team, and you hate them if they aren't. I honestly don't like any of them, and I will be totally fine if the Avs don't bring him back. And JJ, you're just crazy for taking him over Mac! :)

Glad to see the Rangers tie up the series again last night, although I'm not sure that my marriage can survive a Rangers/Avs finals. Hopefully we'll have to find out!

And regardless, I think that we can all agree that Kane is a douche. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
24 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Great discussion everyone, I appreciate the conversation. Always great to talk hockey! I'm honestly not a Kadri fan; I was listening to the spitting chicklets podcast today, and they compared him to Wilson and Marchand. I think those are pretty good comparisons, and I can't really stand any of them. They have a role on the teams, and a lot of people say that you love them if they're on your team, and you hate them if they aren't. I honestly don't like any of them, and I will be totally fine if the Avs don't bring him back. And JJ, you're just crazy for taking him over Mac! :)

Glad to see the Rangers tie up the series again last night, although I'm not sure that my marriage can survive a Rangers/Avs finals. Hopefully we'll have to find out!

I was a die hard blue shirt fan until '01, when they got Eric Lindros in the trade, then I burned both my jerseys...

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

15 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Oh man, my wife was PISSED about that one.

'98 I was stationed up at West Point, and the guy I worked with told me the Flyers were practicing up at the rink, and if I wanted to go watch.  I said sure, just gotta swing by my room real quick.  Went and got my jersey, went to the rink, and put it on, watched those anuses practice.

As they were coming off the ice I went to the plexi and I started yelling at Lindros, "f*ck you and your stupid f*cking brother", just going off.  He wanted to kick my a$$, and I told him, which one of us are you gonna hit, you see 4 of me right now.  A few of his teammates grabbed him and pulled him down the tunnel.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I don’t think you’ll have to worry about a Rangers-Avs final. I can’t see them getting past Carolina and/or Tampa….but I’m pretty far from a NYR fan.

Kane is a douche. Agreed.

Kadri does not belong anywhere near the same discussion with guys like Marchand and Wilson. I may be a bit biased but he just isn’t their level of dirty…at least not anymore.

10 minutes ago, walksalone said:

'98 I was stationed up at West Point, and the guy I worked with told me the Flyers were practicing up at the rink, and if I wanted to go watch.  I said sure, just gotta swing by my room real quick.  Went and got my jersey, went to the rink, and put it on, watched those anuses practice.

As they were coming off the ice I went to the plexi and I started yelling at Lindros, "f*ck you and your stupid f*cking brother", just going off.  He wanted to kick my a$$, and I told him, which one of us are you gonna hit, you see 4 of me right now.  A few of his teammates grabbed him and pulled him down the tunnel.

That’s awesome. Did you get invited back to another practice? :lol:

Just now, JJ Husker said:

That’s awesome. Did you get invited back to another practice? :lol:

They'd just played the Rangers the night before, and were on their way up to Boston.

I woulda taken a couple punches from him, as long as I coulda got a few of my own in...

I still hate his a$$

• Oh Yeah! 1

Yall Avs suck.  We are going to kick your a$$ and you know it too! :HotTake:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Fybmedia%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fc_crop%2Ch_1123%2Cw_2000%2Cx_0%2Cy_206%2Fc_fill%2Cf_auto%2Ch_495%2Cq_auto%2Cw_880%2Fv1%2Fm%2F2%2Fc%2F2cfee14284ada801e30098ace3a7a8461857eacf%2Fcalgary-flames-edmonton-oilers-picks-predictions.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Sidenote:  If we meet in the conf finals, just don't sweep us or beat us in 5.........please :(

PS. The East sucks and we can't let this become a Lightening World @runningblind

For the record, This has been a great year on ICE, and so was the league  :horns2  

4 minutes ago, admo said:

Yall Avs suck.  We are going to kick your a$$ and you know it too! :HotTake:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Fybmedia%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fc_crop%2Ch_1123%2Cw_2000%2Cx_0%2Cy_206%2Fc_fill%2Cf_auto%2Ch_495%2Cq_auto%2Cw_880%2Fv1%2Fm%2F2%2Fc%2F2cfee14284ada801e30098ace3a7a8461857eacf%2Fcalgary-flames-edmonton-oilers-picks-predictions.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Sidenote:  If we meet in the conf finals, just don't sweep us or beat us in 5.........please :(

PS. The East sucks and we can't let this become a Lightening World @runningblind

For the record, This has been a great year on ICE, and so was the league  :horns2  

Ha! I'm actually an Avalanche fan,  grew up in Wyoming, live north of Denver.  I was at game 2!  Had to pick the Lightning because @JJ Huskerpicked the Avs first. 

I'm plenty worried about heading back to STL and having lost 3 straight second round series.  These guys are going to be head cases if there's a game 7.  No time to think of Edmonton yet!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***