***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Ha! I'm actually an Avalanche fan,  grew up in Wyoming, live north of Denver.  I was at game 2!  Had to pick the Lightning because @JJ Huskerpicked the Avs first. 

I'm plenty worried about heading back to STL and having lost 3 straight second round series.  These guys are going to be head cases if there's a game 7.  No time to think of Edmonton yet!

That's cool, no worries, just having some fun!  Yall will be fine

• Oh Yeah! 1

What a disappointment. How they let up a 3 goal lead at home is beyond me. The Blues just clearly wanted it more. Aside from Mac, the team played like crap. And Landeskog has got to take a shot at an empty netter at the end to seal the game. I get that he wanted to avoid an icing, but he's got to take that opportunity there to end this thing. Ugh.

They better finish this in game 6, or they will be an absolute mess for a game 7. And I still hate the Blues. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I know 3 goal leads in the NHL aren’t what they used to be but WTAF? You aren’t going to dump & grind for 2 full periods and get away with it against a team like the Blues that is too stupid to know when they’re beat.

If this thing goes to game 7, I don’t know about the team but I’ll be a mess. Avs hockey is supposed to be my happy sport, not more of the same crap as NU football.

Mack’s 3rd goal…Holy. s#!t.

I know he was making that as soon as he touched the puck and took off.

27 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

The MacKinnon goal was just nasty. He is so incredibly fast, and I really enjoy watching him play. As for Makar, there has been some speculation lately that he may not be healthy, because he has kind of disappeared this series. Hopefully that's not the case.

IDK….Makar’s goal scoring has disappeared this series but he’s still performing at a pretty darned high level and has a helper in each of the last 3 games. If he’s not completely healthy (which I don’t think he is), I’d still take him over 99% of healthy D men.

That’s the problem with players like MacKinnon and Makar. They’re so freaking good, when they have an average game it seems bad.

32 minutes ago, default_28 said:

A McDavid vs MacKinnon series should be pretty fun to watch. Colorado has such an advantage in the goalie category that I wouldn't expect it to be an overly long series, but should have some electricity while it's happening.

I'm really hoping for this, because it'll be a track meet...

9-6, 7-5 games would not be out of the realm of plausibility

And not because either team's defense is bad, but because their offenses are borderline illegal

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, walksalone said:

I'm really hoping for this, because it'll be a track meet...

9-6, 7-5 games would not be out of the realm of plausibility

And not because either team's defense is bad, but because their offenses are borderline illegal

Well the Avs would have to fully screw the pooch for us not to get this matchup. I look for them to close out the Blues tonight.

Both offenses are insane and McDavid, Draisaitl and Kane concern me but our D and netminding should be the deciding factor. Will be a fun series to watch.

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well the Avs would have to fully screw the pooch for us not to get this matchup. I look for them to close out the Blues tonight.

Both offenses are insane and McDavid, Draisaitl and Kane concern me but our D and netminding should be the deciding factor. Will be a fun series to watch.

Makar, Toews, and Byram, are the difference makers in that series...

Jesus could be in net, and he'd still get scored on, so Kuemper and Smith are just going to be along for the ride....lol

• JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***