***NHL Hockey Thread***

JJ Husker

12 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Taylor Hall is a tool, but that hit was clean. He shouldnt have to answer for a fluke injury like that. 

It was bad luck but the hit was clean. We will never know intent. 

I agree that the injury was a fluke with MacKinnon's own stick doing the damage, but I don't agree that going high with the shoulder on a mid-ice hit is clean. You are exactly right that we won't know his intent, but those types of hits are what the NHL is afraid of and trying to eliminate. Not answering, in my opinion, is just weak on his part, but entirely his option. 

Either way, gotta love hockey! 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

The Coyotes, really? Of all the teams to end the Avs home winning streak, the Coyotes? It was a hell of a run, that's for sure. 

Yeah, good run but it looked to me like the Avs started their allstar break a day (really a week) too soon. They’ve developed the habit of not putting away lesser teams early. Let em hang around and you’ll end up losing to s#!t teams in a shoot out.

• Plus1 1

With Aaron Dell's cheap shot on Batherson, Brady Tkachuk is our rep at the all-star game which sucks. Brady's fine, but he's a grinder not an all star. Drake has been all-star quality all season and I think will be viewed as a top tier player in a year or two. Playing in the all-star game would have helped with exposing him to fans from outside Canada, feels bad man.

• 3 weeks later...

11 hours ago, default_28 said:

My buddy gets Duck tickets through his work so I went with him to the Ducks-Sharks game tonight. 

I don’t really understand why hockey isn’t more popular. It’s so entertaining to watch.

Yeah, I don’t get it either. It is by far my favorite sport to watch, on TV or in person. I think a lot of it is that people just weren’t exposed to it when younger and the rules are a bit tough to pick up on your own. Plus some 1-0 & 2-1 results may seem a bit boring when you don’t understand the game. I picked it up in the early 90’s because my son started playing inline and ice hockey, had never paid any attention to it prior. Hockey is awesome.

• Oh Yeah! 1
13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I don’t get it either. It is by far my favorite sport to watch, on TV or in person. I think a lot of it is that people just weren’t exposed to it when younger and the rules are a bit tough to pick up on your own. Plus some 1-0 & 2-1 results may seem a bit boring when you don’t understand the game. I picked it up in the early 90’s because my son started playing inline and ice hockey, had never paid any attention to it prior. Hockey is awesome.

The last two lockouts hurt a lot, I think. The games were really only on the Center Ice package or regional channels. It's nice now that they're on ESPN+ but not everyone is going to pay for that. We got a free year of ESPN+ which has been nice, but I doubt I will re-new it. 

7 minutes ago, GSG said:

The last two lockouts hurt a lot, I think. The games were really only on the Center Ice package or regional channels. It's nice now that they're on ESPN+ but not everyone is going to pay for that. We got a free year of ESPN+ which has been nice, but I doubt I will re-new it. 

I actually hate watching hockey on ESPN. They kinda suck at it. I don’t think they have a director that knows how to do it. Their camera views and when they use them are bad. Plus the announcers leave a lot to be desired. I’ve got a really nice site to use if you PM me. You can watch any game with home or away feed.

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I actually hate watching hockey on ESPN. They kinda suck at it. I don’t think they have a director that knows how to do it. Their camera views and when they use them are bad. Plus the announcers leave a lot to be desired. I’ve got a really nice site to use if you PM me. You can watch any game with home or away feed.

I usually just turn the Pens game on while I'm doing something else, so I'm not paying super close attention to all of that stuff lol. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe that's why I think it sucks as a tv event and have never been able to really watch it on tv. The sport is friggin awesome watching in person  though. And I was only watching minor league games in person.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, desertshox said:

Maybe that's why I think it sucks as a tv event and have never been able to really watch it on tv. The sport is friggin awesome watching in person  though. And I was only watching minor league games in person.

I am usually watching the Avs Altitude broadcast. Maybe it’s because they are severe homers but I really prefer them over ESPN or NHL network. The camera views and cuts are so much better. Some of the ESPN broadcasts use far back wide angles and weird high end views.

It is hard to beat in person though.

17 hours ago, desertshox said:

This is me, I can't get into it on TV.  But absolutely love going to UNO or Lancers games.   And last time we were in Chicago, made it a point to go to a Blackhawks game.   But put it on TV and I'm searching for the remote within 2 minutes.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I agree that's excellent entertainment in person.  I typically put it on TV when I want to fall asleep.  Not because it's boring, but the game sounds are kind of soothing for me.  Until a loud a$$ commercial comes on. The winter olympics is also easy to nap to while having supper.  Or after.

I could always get into hockey, but I stayed away because it was sport overload.  Between footballs, hoops, baseball and hockey, something had to give.  At one time I had a few friends that played.  Not tight buds, but man could they drink. Great dudes.

@default_28 why did Anaheim change their name from Mighty Ducks?  I always liked that because of the movies.  Were the real hockey fans glad they changed it or ??  Just curious

• JJ Husker changed the title to ***NHL Hockey Thread***