TE Benjamin Brahmer [Iowa State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

9 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brahmer commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Iowa

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to TE Benjamin Brahmer [Iowa State Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Bummer. Must not like coach Satt or his offense.  Maybe need 2 transfer tight ends now. 

I don't think that has anything to do with it  He really liked Frost.  Iowa State was his first offer and Campbell has been there the whole time.  This has been a long time coming I think they were just trying to be respectful and give Rhule a shot but it was going to be really tough to keep him at this point.  It boils down to him having a really great relationship with Campbell and Scheelhase built over two years.  That's a lot to overcome in one visit and especially when I think his mind was pretty well made up.  A tough blow but he wasn't going to be an immediate contributor anyway.  We really need room for at least one portal tight end that can play right away and move our focus on Carter Nelson for the 2024 class.  

3 hours ago, Farms said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it  He really liked Frost.  Iowa State was his first offer and Campbell has been there the whole time.  This has been a long time coming I think they were just trying to be respectful and give Rhule a shot but it was going to be really tough to keep him at this point.  It boils down to him having a really great relationship with Campbell and Scheelhase built over two years.  That's a lot to overcome in one visit and especially when I think his mind was pretty well made up.  A tough blow but he wasn't going to be an immediate contributor anyway.  We really need room for at least one portal tight end that can play right away and move our focus on Carter Nelson for the 2024 class.  

This is too bad, bc I would like to see talented players stay in state and sometimes the smaller school kid comes in with something to prove. With that said, I am confident that if the only way he was staying was if Campbell was named OUR coach, then I would much rather have Rhule without Brahmer than having Campbell with him.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Farms said:

This is too bad, bc I would like to see talented players stay in state and sometimes the smaller school kid comes in with something to prove. With that said, I am confident that if the only way he was staying was if Campbell was named OUR coach, then I would much rather have Rhule without Brahmer than having Campbell with him.

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

For what it's worth, apparently Coach Brahmer was really impressed with Rhule. 

Just too new, too late.

WR Brahmer is going with what he knows.  Can't blame him.

That’s the effect of losing Mickey + 2.5 months of not having a HC with Matt C. In your ear 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

For what it's worth, apparently Coach Brahmer was really impressed with Rhule. 

Just too new, too late.

WR Brahmer is going with what he knows.  Can't blame him.

That’s ok. He is likely not an immediate impact guy. Should something happen with Campbell at ISU, maybe we can get him back a couple years from now. 

• Mavric changed the title to TE Benjamin Brahmer [Iowa State - Signed LOI]
  • 7 months later...