Spider-Man: No Way Home

Seen some chatter online that other previous Spider-Man characters may be reprised for this movie (i.e. people like Tobey Maguire) because of some fake out movie titles Marvel released before the official title, but I think it's just a fun conspiracy at this point.

Although Jamie Foxx is slated to come back? Haven't looked into that claim.

18 hours ago, Enhance said:

Seen some chatter online that other previous Spider-Man characters may be reprised for this movie (i.e. people like Tobey Maguire) because of some fake out movie titles Marvel released before the official title, but I think it's just a fun conspiracy at this point.

Although Jamie Foxx is slated to come back? Haven't looked into that claim.

He is, as is Alfred Molina as Doc Ock. Benedict Cumberbatch is returning as Doctor Strange, too. 

The hot rumor is that it's going to be a live-action take on the Spiderverse, with both McGuire and Andrew Garfield reprising their roles as Peter Parker. 

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

The hot rumor is that it's going to be a live-action take on the Spiderverse, with both McGuire and Andrew Garfield reprising their roles as Peter Parker. 

I'd seen that for quite awhile as well.  But that's now been shot down (assuming you believe the shoot-down)...

According to reports, both actors had already signed on to play their version of Spider-Man, leading to the belief that the upcoming movie with Tom would introduce us to a live-action multiverse.

However, a spokesperson for Sony, which owns the rights to Spider-Man, attempted to hush the rumblings, telling ET Canada: "Those rumored castings are not confirmed."

When asked about the rumors, Tom flat out denied them, saying: "It would be amazing if they were [in the movie], because they haven't told me that yet and I am Spider-Man."

"I've read the script from beginning to the end, so it'll be a miracle if they could've kept that from me," he added. "But, at the moment, there is no cameo from the two boys."

Link

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'd seen that for quite awhile as well.  But that's now been shot down (assuming you believe the shoot-down)...

Link

Holland can't keep a secret to save his life, so I doubt he's read the entire script, but you're right; this is getting debunked left and right. 

• 5 months later...

This looks amazing. Just to keep score a bit: 

• Benedict Cumberbatch confirmed
  • Willem Dafoe confirmed
  • Alfred Molina confirmed
  • Jamie Foxx rumored
  • Michael Keaton rumored
  • Tobey McGuire rumored
  • Andrew Garfield rumored
  • Charlie Cox rumored

This might be the movie that gets me back to a theater. 

• Plus1 1

My favorite MCU movies have been the light-hearted ones (Spiderman, Ant Man, Guardians, Ragnorak), so my only concern is that this trailer makes it look kind of dark and somber. However, the MCU writers and producers have generally done such a good job combining humor and character development into their stories that the foreboding trailer does not really worry me that much. 

On 8/24/2021 at 7:48 AM, Cdog923 said:

This looks amazing. Just to keep score a bit: 

• Benedict Cumberbatch confirmed
  • Willem Dafoe confirmed
  • Alfred Molina confirmed
  • Jamie Foxx rumored
  • Michael Keaton rumored
  • Tobey McGuire rumored
  • Andrew Garfield rumored
  • Charlie Cox rumored

This might be the movie that gets me back to a theater. 

Spoiler

There are rumors of a leaked trailer that confirmed McGuire and Garfield but I didn't see that actual picture.

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I won't be seeing this for awhile thanks to Covid, but everyone I know of that has seen it has said it's on the level of Avengers: Endgame in terms of enjoyment. 

I'm going over christmas weekend to see it.  and the amount of words I have muted on Twitter is extensive.   Can't wait.

1 hour ago, sho said:

I'm going over christmas weekend to see it.  and the amount of words I have muted on Twitter is extensive.   Can't wait.

Dude, stay off YouTube. I did the same thing for Twitter, but as I'm going to put some music on while cleaning my house, the first 3 thumbnails on YT were all spoilers. 

• Plus1 1