Another Rivalry Trophy (Michigan and Northwestern)

nic

Michigan and Northwestern will play for the George Jewett trophy. 

George played for Michigan in 1890 and 1892 before going to Northwestern and playing there.
He was the first black player in B1G history.

I don’t consider Michigan and Northwestern rivals, but this is a neat idea for a trophy, and I always enjoy playing NW.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/2/25/football-michigan-and-northwestern-establish-george-jewett-trophy.aspx

• Plus1 3

• 1 month later...

This conference... The B1G has their only ranked team losing the rubber match.. or.. a multiple extra inning game involving the team leading the conference.. or.. the now #2 team scoring 23 runs and what do they, the btn, give their viewers? Rerun football games. I can't stand this conference's disdain for baseball. It's absolutely vomit inducing disrespect for this nations spring and summer sport. Wish this hellishly awful conference would just drop the sport so the teams that want to promote the game can play other like minded programs. Totally beginning to despise this conference and it's administrators. Like most of the schools. Just can't stand the leadership. 

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:24 AM, Loebarth said:

This conference... The B1G has their only ranked team losing the rubber match.. or.. a multiple extra inning game involving the team leading the conference.. or.. the now #2 team scoring 23 runs and what do they, the btn, give their viewers? Rerun football games. I can't stand this conference's disdain for baseball. It's absolutely vomit inducing disrespect for this nations spring and summer sport. Wish this hellishly awful conference would just drop the sport so the teams that want to promote the game can play other like minded programs. Totally beginning to despise this conference and it's administrators. Like most of the schools. Just can't stand the leadership. 

Rerunning old games probably save a lot of money.  No need to have a production crew and announcers.  

Plus, some of us would rather watch old football games than a baseball game. 

Congrats to the Huskers baseball team though.  Even though I'm not a baseball person, winning a conference championship is a pretty big deal!

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...