Worst Loss Since 2015?

Mavric

2017 Minnesota is the only Nebraska game I've ever turned off early. The late Riley period the team was just miserable and I was getting apathetic and had no interest in watching anymore. Brutal stuff.

Not sure if 2015 counts or not but that Wisconsin game also made me want to walk into the ocean.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

2017 Minnesota is the only Nebraska game I've ever turned off early. The late Riley period the team was just miserable and I was getting apathetic and had no interest in watching anymore. Brutal stuff.

Not sure if 2015 counts or not but that Wisconsin game also made me want to walk into the ocean.

Was so devastating. I remember being in a bar downtown and thinking “Finally, we got em.” 

Whatever year they lost to Wisconsin in the CCG.  I was there so it made it worse.  It's one thing when an Ohio st team destroys you by doing whatever they want because you can't stop the pass or the run.  But when its a conference championship game and you get beat like  drum and the other team runs one play for 98% of the game just opposite directions it is embarrassing.  Never lost respect for a defensive coordinator faster than that. 

Akron 2018 - the weather won and it was down hill from there

Michigan 2018 -  so ends the 'They will have to adjust to us" fantasy. 

Colorado 2019 - when we were way ahead - and we lose in OT

Illinois 2020  - how does one lose to Ill and not feel like a bottom dweller?

Wins that might feel like a loss:

2018 -Bethune-Cookman  (what is that a fancy cookware set?)  we beat a hapless team and it seemed like a great coming out party.  The next week we just about beat OSU and we think we have finally caught the bullet with our teeth. 

2020 Rutgers -  This marks the depth we have traveled since Bethume Cookman  -  we celebrated our win (barely) over a hapless team as though it was the 2nd coming of the great running teams of the 1990s. 

• Plus1 2

In my post above - I skipped the Mike Riley years as they were like a long forgotten fog of low expectations.  Someone has said you can't be disappointed unless you have high expectations.  Well, we've all have had high expectations that things would turn around with Scott.  High Expectations = High Disappointment when things don't materialize as expected.  I guess that is when we have to reevaluate our expectations and see if they were built on truth or fantasy.  Scott had great words (The Big 10 will have to adjust to what we are doing at Nebraska. ) And we were all hyped after MR's 50/50 record.   All of life is like that - if you don't want to be disappointed, have realistic expectations base on the factual info at hand.  The fact is the team was in worse shape than most of us imagined, Scott isn't the 2nd Coming of Tom or Bob (yet), and Scott still has a steep learning curve as HC. 

Ok I'll step down from my :boxosoap

33 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

2018 -Bethune-Cookman  (what is that a fancy cookware set?)  we beat a hapless team and it seemed like a great coming out party.  The next week we just about beat OSU and we think we have finally caught the bullet with our teeth. 

2020 Rutgers -  This marks the depth we have traveled since Bethume Cookman  -  we celebrated our win (barely) over a hapless team as though it was the 2nd coming of the great running teams of the 1990s. 

I couldn't believe the claims coming from Nebraska fans after that game. 

• Plus1 1

2015 Illinois, 14-13.   We led 13-0 going into the 4th quarter.  Late in the 4th quarter we still had a six point lead.  Then we threw an incomplete pass on 3rd down, stopping the clock with about a minute left.  The punt gave Illinois the ball on their 28 yard line with 51 seconds on the clock.  They drove down the field through our Swiss cheese defense, and threw a 22 yard TD pass with 10 seconds on the clock for the win.  

Aside from incompetence on the field, this was the first game I took my young son to.  It rained.  We lost.  Worst. Game. Ever.  

• Plus1 1

Purdue 2019

They played without any of their offensive weapons, including almost down to 4th or 5th QB. Injuries during game. We had ball inside 2 yd line and cant get an inch. This was pathetic Purdue team and it was horrible loss. Maybe the worst team we have list too.

• Plus1 1

I had honestly forgotten some of them.  I thought my choices were solid and then read some others....We truly suck.  And have....Blowout losses, losses to schools decimated by injury, covid, etc....And you have to ask, have we even hit bottom yet. We seem to be in free fall.  The D is improving, but the O has gotten worse in each of Frost's years.....2021 be better?

Here's to hoping we get it turned around.....And after years of poor play, 6-6 and bowl would seem like we won the NC.  And that's pathetic. But it's a step.  And I'll take it.

• Plus1 1
On 2/26/2021 at 10:10 AM, TGHusker said:

If you were quoting Frost, you did so incorrectly with the adjust to us comment.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TheSker said:

If you were quoting Frost, you did so incorrectly with the adjust to us comment.

I stand corrected on the wording but the meaning is basically the same:

Quote:

"I'm hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system to us."

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/the-best-of-frost-from-sunday-7-notable-quotes-from-the-man-who-wore-no/article_c439e0cb-17bd-57f7-a830-1c5481dc5578.html