Biden Foreign Policy

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is the only quote that has been in any news article. And it's only been run by pro Israeli news sites. There has been no official statement on the intel by anyone in the US government after 48 hrs...

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

:facepalm: Goddamnit. This is the last thing Biden should have done.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

No. A free and fair press.  Partisan press can lie/gaslight /narrate the news just as well as any politician.  Just see FoxNews/CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WAPO/DAILYCALLER/HUFFPO/etc....

True.  But, people in power lose all credibility when they only claim the press is a problem when they criticize them.

And...even then....they aren't the "enemy of the people".  That is nothing more than inflammatory and leads to violence and innocent people getting hurt.

But, the piece of s#!t that started that saying about the press doesn't care about that.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

This is the only quote that has been in any news article. And it's only been run by pro Israeli news sites. There has been no official statement on the intel by anyone in the US government after 48 hrs...

Like I said, apparently the Biden admin didn’t care 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, ZRod said:

Biden is a dinosaur on certain things.

Pot, for one, certainly comes to mind.

Never, ever being even mildly critical of Israel is another.

Guess you take the good with the bad.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

True.  But, people in power lose all credibility when they only claim the press is a problem when they criticize them.

And...even then....they aren't the "enemy of the people".  That is nothing more than inflammatory and leads to violence and innocent people getting hurt.

But, the piece of s#!t that started that saying about the press doesn't care about that.

Boy, Trump literally lives rent free in your head.:lol:  you can’t reply to anything hardly without mentioning him directly or in a round about way.  Doesn’t seem to matter what the subject is 

• Plus1 1

Boy, Trump literally lives rent free in your head.:lol:  you can’t reply to anything hardly without mentioning him directly or in a round about way.  Doesn’t seem to matter what the subject is 

The hypocrisy of the right makes me do it.  What's interesting is people on the right don't even see it because of their devotion to the party.

The discussion was about the phrase "enemy of the people". You don't think it's appropriate to bring up the person who started the phrase and keeps using it and is the leader of the party?

If not, that's telling in and of itself.

• Plus1 3

I can't really speak for @BigRedBuster, but I'm ready to forget about Trump and I look forward to the day we can.

But instead, we have a moron of an ex-President spewing crazy s#!t online and the current GOP making current decisions using the nonsense as a guiding light of how the party wants to operate.  Simply because a huge portion of the base won't let go of Trump and realize that he has no real future in our government outside of stirring s#!t up.

Trump will disappear from discussion when people in our government finally just tell the truth that all the post election stuff is nonsense, the people who attacked the capitol were not "tourists", and Biden won the election fair and square.  Until "respected" members of the GOP actually "call a spade a spade", Trump is allowed to stay in the conversation.  It's ridiculous.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The hypocrisy of the right makes me do it.  What's interesting is people on the right don't even see it because of their devotion to the party.

The discussion was about the phrase "enemy of the people". You don't think it's appropriate to bring up the person who started the phrase and keeps using it and is the leader of the party?

If not, that's telling in and of itself.

It doesn’t matter what the discussion is about.  You always bring up Trump.  Case on point, another thread poster had article about Biden taxes, you immediately went to Trump for some reason.  He lives in your head for some odd reason.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

It doesn’t matter what the discussion is about.  You always bring up Trump.  Case on point, another thread poster had article about Biden taxes, you immediately went to Trump for some reason.  He lives in your head for some odd reason.  

I'm the one that posted the tweet about Biden's taxes.  I'm fine pointing out the difference between this President and the last one.  Sorry it hurts your feelings because you support such a pathetic President.

• Plus1 2

There are so many things to consider in Biden's foreign policy as it pertains to China.  We know about their threat towards Taiwan, the "island bases"  in the South China Sea, China's 'Road and Belt" initiative, and their persecution of religious groups within their borders.   However, one issue that affects us all is technology.  And not just stolen technology but what they are doing with A.I.   They are in the process of creating the ultimate police state - where they see everything and hear everything. Creating the Orwellian 1984 govt.  Reminds me of the movie "Minority Report' ( if you haven't seen it - a great, somewhat creepy movie that is worth watching staring Tom Cruise )

So Biden has some opportunities to counter China's move in this area and to keep "1984" at bay.  It seems there are 2 conflicting narratives going on right now about Biden's China policy.  On the GOP side, were hear more and more on how Biden is compromised by China (funny we never heard from the GOP how Trump was compromised by Russia :dunno, but I digress). On the other hand, I've heard some encouraging things from the Biden admin on how they are going to confront China on all of the above mentioned topics - including trade issues.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57122120

Three quotes from the article

Speaking to BBC's Panorama, Brad Smith said it will be "difficult to catch up” with the rapidly advancing technology.

The programme explores China’s increasing use of AI to monitor its citizens.

Critics fear the state's dominance in the area could threaten democracy.

“If we don’t enact the laws that will protect the public in the future, we are going to find the technology racing ahead, and it’s going to be very difficult to catch up,” Mr Smith said.

“I’m constantly reminded of George Orwell’s lessons in his book 1984. You know the fundamental story…was about a government who could see everything that everyone did and hear everything that everyone said all the time.

“Well, that didn’t come to pass in 1984, but if we’re not careful that could come to pass in 2024.”

China’s ambition is to become the world leader in AI by 2030, and many consider its capabilities to be far beyond the EU.

• 54% of the world’s 770 million CCTV cameras are in China, according to research by Comparitech.

Eric Schmidt, former Google chief executive who is now chair of the US National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence, has warned that beating China in AI is imperative.

“We’re in a geo-political strategic conflict with China,” he said. “The way to win is to marshal our resources together to have national and global strategies for the democracies to win in AI.

“If we don’t, we’ll be looking at a future where other values will be imposed on us.”

But the Department of Defence continues to seek partnerships in Silicon Valley, in a bid to win the global AI arms race.

Seth Moulton, chair of the US Future of Defence Task Force is urging tech companies to support the Department of Defence.

“Because we're in a race, because we are in this competition, that’s really what it comes down to,” he said. “Are you going to help us win this race or are you going to essentially be against us?

“China does not have the same system of government as we do.

"Could the AI arms race lead to conflict with China? Absolutely.”

Dr Xue agreed there was potential for conflict: "But it is not inevitable - the US and China should really collaborate to prevent that from happening."