Biden Foreign Policy

18 hours ago, admo said:

Maybe meant oil route?

Afghanistan: It’s About Oil

Gar Smith

https://www.earthisland.org/journal/index.php/magazine/entry/afghanistan_its_about_oil/

“From the US standpoint,” Brown University anthropologist William O. Beeman observed, “the only way to deny Iran everything is for the anti-Iranian Taliban to win in Afghanistan and to agree to the pipeline through their territory.” That is exactly what happened - thanks to the CIA.

The September 11 attack provided the Cheney-Bush team with the opportunity to use the US military to pave the way for Big Oil’s long-sought Afghan oil route.

Maybe he meant hash oil?  :smokin

• Oh Yeah! 1

Afghanistan is dropping fast. This is going to look very bad for Biden. I would hate to be a woman over there right now. Especially one who took advantage of the education and freedoms we offered. Hopefully the people that are about to get brutalized have a way out. 

20 minutes ago, nic said:

Afghanistan is dropping fast. This is going to look very bad for Biden. I would hate to be a woman over there right now. Especially one who took advantage of the education and freedoms we offered. Hopefully the people that are about to get brutalized have a way out. 

I fail to see how this should look bad for Biden.  Americans want out of Afghanistan.  He's finally the President that's doing it.  Bush, Obama and Trump failed at doing it and more Americans died because of it and it has cost trillions of dollars to stay there.

If the world sees this as a crisis, then the rest of the world needs to step up.  I also fail to see how us being there for the last 20 years has made the country worse.  It's just getting back to where it was before....which is sad.  But, that's not our fault....nor Biden's.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I fail to see how this should look bad for Biden.  Americans want out of Afghanistan.  He's finally the President that's doing it.  Bush, Obama and Trump failed at doing it and more Americans died because of it and it has cost trillions of dollars to stay there.

If the world sees this as a crisis, then the rest of the world needs to step up.  I also fail to see how us being there for the last 20 years has made the country worse.  It's just getting back to where it was before....which is sad.  But, that's not our fault....nor Biden's.

I didn’t say it was fair, but perception will be that he pulled out too abruptly and didn’t listen to the warnings of what might happen. I think the Military was talking about protecting the interpreters early on. Now we are sending 3000 back to get people out. Doesn’t seem like having to evacuate the embassy was expected either. If images of women getting acid baths and men being beheaded in stadiums start popping up on news reals in the coming months he is gonna get pinned with at least not having a good withdrawal plan and underestimating the Taliban. 

Trump promised to get out too and only ended up withdrawing a few troops. I think he did pull out from Syria, and took heat. Since he was so he’ll bent on keeping his campaign promises from the wall to NAFTA to tariffs, I was sort of surprised not to see him do what Biden is doing now. Had he done it and the result was the same he would have been skewered. By 2022 it may not matter, except to the Afghans.

11 hours ago, nic said:

I didn’t say it was fair, but perception will be that he pulled out too abruptly and didn’t listen to the warnings of what might happen. I think the Military was talking about protecting the interpreters early on. Now we are sending 3000 back to get people out. Doesn’t seem like having to evacuate the embassy was expected either. If images of women getting acid baths and men being beheaded in stadiums start popping up on news reals in the coming months he is gonna get pinned with at least not having a good withdrawal plan and underestimating the Taliban. 

Trump promised to get out too and only ended up withdrawing a few troops. I think he did pull out from Syria, and took heat. Since he was so he’ll bent on keeping his campaign promises from the wall to NAFTA to tariffs, I was sort of surprised not to see him do what Biden is doing now. Had he done it and the result was the same he would have been skewered. By 2022 it may not matter, except to the Afghans.

The Afgan war had like a 15% approval rating. We spent 2 trillion there. We were there for 20 years. How much longer would you have liked to stay and how much more money did you want to spend.

Unfortunately, that stuff happens in all middle east countries, not just Afghanistan. Do you care that it happens in Saudi Arabia or is it okay because they sell us oil? Should we go to war with the entire middle east? They are religious savage nut jobs in all those countries, but its not our problem. The people there need to fight back and get out of the middle age thinking they have there. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

The Afgan war had like a 15% approval rating. We spent 2 trillion there. We were there for 20 years. How much longer would you have liked to stay and how much more money did you want to spend.

Unfortunately, that stuff happens in all middle east countries, not just Afghanistan. Do you care that it happens in Saudi Arabia or is it okay because they sell us oil? Should we go to war with the entire middle east? They are religious savage nut jobs in all those countries, but its not our problem. The people there need to fight back and get out of the middle age thinking they have there. 

I wanted out, but it will be heartbreaking to see what happens to people in the next few weeks. Watched a CNN video tonight. Women won’t be going back to school and likely worse when the cameras are gone.  In few months Americans won’t care. It’s who we are.

1 minute ago, nic said:

I wanted out, but it will be heartbreaking to see what happens to people in the next few weeks. Watched a CNN video tonight. Women won’t be going back to school and likely worse when the cameras are gone.  In few months Americans won’t care. It’s who we are.

Yeah we dont even care about our own citizens and making sure they can afford healthcare. Or getting vaccinated to stop the spread of covid. Its sad what happens in those

countries, but we have enough problems here to deal with. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's just getting back to where it was before....which is sad.  But, that's not our fault....nor Biden's.

I disagree with the bolded. A lot of the awful conditions of Afghanistan, and many other Middle Eastern countries, before 2001, are still in large part due to United States meddling. Pretending we're pro democracy when really we're anti anyone who doesn't like us and pro anyone who will rise up against them, until those people rise up (with our guns and money and training and support) and don't like us either, then rinse, wash, repeat.

On 8/14/2021 at 2:22 AM, Lorewarn said:

I disagree with the bolded. A lot of the awful conditions of Afghanistan, and many other Middle Eastern countries, before 2001, are still in large part due to United States meddling. Pretending we're pro democracy when really we're anti anyone who doesn't like us and pro anyone who will rise up against them, until those people rise up (with our guns and money and training and support) and don't like us either, then rinse, wash, repeat.

In the grand scheme of things over the last 60-70 years, yes. But, that’s not what we are talking about here.  

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

In the grand scheme of things over the last 60-70 years, yes. But, that’s not what we are talking about here.  

In the grand grand scheme of things it's the British, French, and Russian's fault.

• Plus1 3