Biden Foreign Policy

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

What tirade?  Where is this tirade?  I also said, pretty clearly and correctly, that as we started pulling troops the violence would escalate.  But feel free to cherry pick.  I also said many times this thing has been a failure for 20yrs.  Tell me, where have I once backtracked about wanting to pull out?  I wanted to pull out in Spring as originally scheduled.  Instead, we pushed it back to the Fall.  And during the extended withdrawal THIS is the level of competence in which we do it?  Extra measures could've been established during that extended time frame.  Instead we have video of locals plummeting off the side of a plane as we flee.

Now, tell me, what was the point of extending the withdrawal?  Because it looks like it made it worse not better.

You're getting tilted over your own posts. I didn't add or remove anything from them.

• Plus1 2

I mean, what's the endgame for remaining there? Staying for another 20 years? Providing more resources for local law enforcement and military to protect and defend themselves? This was always going to be the result from the very second that Bush invaded, no matter now many people tried kidding themselves otherwise. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I mean, what's the endgame for remaining there? Staying for another 20 years? Providing more resources for local law enforcement and military to protect and defend themselves? This was always going to be the result from the very second that Bush invaded, no matter now many people tried kidding themselves otherwise. 

Whenever they left, it was going to be the same result.  They are going to fight and kill each other.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, teachercd said:

Whenever they left, it was going to be the same result.  They are going to fight and kill each other.

100%

But maybe, just maybe, don't leave fully operational weaponry for them.  Especially with an extra 6 months to execute said withdrawal.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

100%, which it why it was incredibly misguided to enter Afghanistan in the first place, and shows an incredible lack of understanding of the region to think otherwise.

From my reading around the interwebz, it seems like most Americans are on board with getting out of Afghanistan.

It also seems like everyone is unhappy with how we did it, and how much loss of life there's going to be among the people we worked with over there. 

Seems like both of these thoughts are pretty universal. 

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Finger pointing:   Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden - enough to go all around.  Primarily it is on Bush & his failure to understand that we can't nation build in that type of culture.  Should have gotten out after hitting the terrorists and the Taliban.     Obama - caught in  a bad situation.  Perhaps the on going nation building and allowing a corrupt govt to be the recipient of out generosity.   Trump - a date certain exit plan and negotiating wt terrorists without the involvement of the Afghan govt.  Having the naivety of believing the Taliban would abide by any agreement - So Much Winning.   Biden - too rigid in his exit strategy.  He blamed Trump's plan but he is the man in charge and could have altered how this thing would end.   Regardless on who negotiated the exit strategy, it will be perceived as a Biden failure

I need to add to this section from my post above:

#1 Fault:  Afghan itself.  They are a culture that only knows strong man rule for centuries.  They are a group of tribes, each ruled by strong men knitted together in a society and govt that is hard to fathom by a rational western culture like ours.  Afghan wasn't ready to self govern via a democracy because a democracy has never been a part of their culture.  Thus corruption ruled, the 'well trained $300k troops" appeared to only be in it for the pay check.  Afghan failed because they were willing to let  terrorists to  camp in their country prior to 9/11 and they did not have the moral fiber to resist the return of Taliban in 2021.  So what of the men in that society? Why are they so willing for their female friends and family to lose the hard gained freedom they had gained?  Moral cowards to so easily lay down their weapons and USA supplied equipment to save their own skin.  They never truly believed in the benefits of freedom it appears.