Biden Foreign Policy

Afghanistan is a cluster. The pullout definately could have been done better. However 20 years of training and preparation should have been enough for the Afghani army to stand on their own two feet and fight for their freedom. We liberated them. They had their freedom, they didn't want it. 

I mean what the Afghanies did was the equivalent of Washington winning the at Yorktown just to let the last 3,000 British troops in America march back into New York (then the US capital) and take it without a shot fired the second the French sailed away. As we found out then, freedom isn't free, you gotta fight for it. Afghanistan chose not to.

Whats remarkable to me is the same people who expect every poor person in the world to "stand on their own two feet and pull themselves up by their bootstraps," want to lay the blame all on the actions of Trump and Biden who co-ochestrated this pullout. And give the Afghanies a pass.

This is no different than a parent cutting off aid to a codependent child and expecting them to survive. 

I feel bad for the loss of life. I fear for the innocent women and children whose lives will never be the same, but to the soldiers and men, allies of ours that refused to stand on their own and forfeited their freedoms without a fight, it is hard for me to generate sympathy.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Cool! I'm sure this supposed accountability from Biden means a lot to those staring at death in Afghanistan!

I'm sure it doesn't. All I said was some of us are capable of being critical and holding politicians accountable regardless of the R or D next to their name. You seemed to think that wasn't happening. 

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Please. Biden voters (like myself) in this very thread have been critical, and Biden himself said he holds himself accountable in his presser today. We're not in some weird cult where the leader is never accountable and never takes responsibility. 

He held himself accountable just directly before he blamed Trump

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Are you saying Biden stays in beyond August 31st now?

That all depends how many more American troops die at this point doesn't it?  I said months ago I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a "thing" happen thst requires our presence remain.  It looked like the withdrawal would be the thing, now the fall out could be the thing.

This is a lose-lose situation.  Go back in and expose yourself as a complete buffoon after a botched exit, or keep a handful of guys there to basically be in the line of fire with little support if any, or finish the withdrawal and be the guy that officially ran away.

He should run away, and let his successor handle it eventually.  Somehow I doubt it will take a 20yr war.

• Plus1 1
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Why not Obama ( and himself as VP) as well? Just curious.

Bush obviously for starting the thing. Obama inherited it, but I guess could have tried to draw things down (I think Biden was in favor of trying to get troops out at this time). Trump for the peace deal with the Taliban that created a sticky situation. Biden for execution of the evacuation of troops and allies. 

• Plus1 2

The Middle East is burning, Biden is losing Supreme Court decisions that he knew was illegal at the time he made them, the Border is a disaster and his border policy changes have been recently reversed by the SC, we are embarrassed on the World stage, but at least we don’t have mean tweets anymore.   

Great Job Biden voters :clap

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Mike Pompeo is a douchflute.....but what exactly are you getting at here?  Honestly?  The Taliban takeover was imminent and this guy lied about it then?  Or are you saying now that Kabul has fallen he's admitting terrorists are terrorists?  Weird flex either way at first glance, but I'll listen to what you want to reiterate.

• Plus1 1