Biden Foreign Policy

30 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Hard to say. There are angles for "both sides".

I think first and foremost it would be the Rs, so they can tout the ineffectiveness of Biden's efforts. But let's not discount the Ds using it to promote less stringent border guidelines by strumming the heartstrings for these tired hungry and poor refugees 

Not sure the Ds are the answer.  This is making the administration look worse.  And...if they want to promote less stringent border guidelines, the best way to accomplish that is to have LESS of a problem at the border...not a worse one.

That said,  I highly doubt this is organized by anyone in the US.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Of course Republicans don't want people stampeding our border and ultimately released onto US soil, with a vague promise to appear later...which is what happened to about 1/3 of those folks.

But you knew that :thumbs

I’m not sure republican politicians agree with this behind closed doors. 

If a republican is in office, it gives t  he me a chance to prove how tough they are and spend billions on a worthless wall. 

If a Democrat is in office, it gives them the chance to act like Democrats are allowing our country to be invaded. 

Im old enough to remember when Republicans didn’t care because it was cheep labor and Democrats cared because “they’re stealing our jobs”. 

• Plus1 1

Whoever it is....it continues all the way from Panama. :dunno As far as who benefits. Biden looks bad on the border from this for sure. The Border patrol gets thrown under the bus for using horses. Do the Democrats ultimately get more voters? The strong Dem districts along the border flip red in 2022. 

In a new interview with Axios, Foreign Minister Erika Mouynes said that since the beginning of 2021 more than 85,000 Haitians have crossed through Panama and that she believes "they all are heading toward the U.S."

• Plus1 2
  • 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, nic said:

On their way.

Domino's Pizza CEO says U.S. needs more immigration to address nationwide worker shortages

Lack of immigration is hurting the economy. But yeah let's seal up the borders.

Feel free to cancel the Domino's guy now. There's any number of s#!tty pizza places to scratch that itch. Unfortunately Papa John's is also out as they've proven themselves a bunch of snowflakes some time ago.

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe we should just say “it’s been a disaster and will continue to be a disaster for Biden” and just end the thread.  Guy’s a buffoon and always has been on foreign policy.  Really being exposed now

What do you specifically think are the failings of the BIden FoPo? Be detailed, I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Lack of immigration is hurting the economy. But yeah let's seal up the borders

That’s quite the dipsy do there.  I think most people want continued immigration.  And the smart ones want to seal up the border at the same time.  You see, it’s actually possible to do both things at the same time.  It’s not an either or proposition. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

What do you specifically think are the failings of the BIden FoPo? Be detailed, I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

His Afghanistan withdrawal was a disaster, no one denies this.

His Immigration policy has been worse than his Afghan disaster.  The southern border is a mess and now they have to resort to secret 2AM flights to disperse these people under the cover of darkness so the least amount of people possible would know.  Good thing the NYP did some good reporting. 

It’s safe to say Russia’s energy sector is quite happy with Uncle Joe. 

Have you seen any pushback on China?  Ya me neither. 

runs somewhat concurrent with Foreign Policy, but that supply fiasco sure is something else.  

crazy thing is it’s only been 10 months! 

• Plus1 1