Biden Foreign Policy

49 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I trust you would vote for Biden if he holds firm in his resolve and will not criticize gas prices in any way if he cancels this trip. 

You would be incorrect.  I’m not a huge fan of 9% inflation, zero returns on 401k either:dunno.   I drive a company car so gas prices don’t really bother me personally but I understand everyone else’s pain. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You would be incorrect.  I’m not a huge fan of 9% inflation, zero returns on 401k either:dunno.   I drive a company car so gas prices don’t really bother me personally but I understand everyone else’s pain. 

Is anyone a fan of inflation? How exactly was uncle Joe supposed to curb it?

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

….and my neighbor’s dog keeps peeing in my yard. That damn Joe Biden :steam

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

As I’ve stated a few times previously Not signing the so called rescue plan would have been a good start. 

Do you really think a couple thousand dollars returned to taxpayers is responsible for inflation? What about inflation occurring in all the countries around the globe?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Do you really think a couple thousand dollars returned to taxpayers is responsible for inflation? What about inflation occurring in all the countries around the globe?

I think $1.9 trillion when the country didn’t need to spend it is PART of the inflation equation.  

I’ve said before a few times now, higher inflation was going to occur at some point the moment the country locked down for Covid.  The question to be answered after that is how to control it from doing what’s it doing now.   

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

4 trillion in spending under Trump = Not Inflationary 

2 Trilliom under Biden = Inflationary, got it!

So Inflationary, it spread to Europe! 

You actually don’t got it because it’s not what I’ve said.  Good job bringing false posts into the argument though:thumbs

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think $1.9 trillion when the country didn’t need to spend it is PART of the inflation equation.  

I’ve said before a few times now, higher inflation was going to occur at some point the moment the country locked down for Covid.  The question to be answered after that is how to control it from doing what’s it doing now.   

What would a Republican president be doing differently to bring it under control?

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What would a Republican president be doing differently to bring it under control?

Been asked and answered.   

Pandora’s box has been opened and raising rates is the best answer at this point.   Not getting to this point was the best option.  

So what is the Democrat President going to do to bring it under control?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Been asked and answered.   

Pandora’s box has been opened and raising rates is the best answer at this point.   Not getting to this point was the best option.  

So what is the Democrat President going to do to bring it under control?  

Well, it’s the feds that raise interest rates and that’s what they are doing. 

Glad you realize that’s the best thing to do. Really, it’s about the only weapon they have.  

We agree that the lock downs are the biggest factor in the inflation (done under a Republican). Now that we are here, the best weapon against it is raising rates. Which that’s what Biden’s feds  are doing.  

But, the biggest problem is that this inflation is a world wide problem. Lock downs were world wide and so is the inflation. 

So, a Republican wouldn’t be doing anything much different. 

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That is the question to be answered so take a shot at it. What exactly should Biden be doing now to control inflation? What is within his direct control that he can or should’ve been doing?

Items you don’t need to include; Stimulus spending that’s already occurred and blather about a pipeline and drilling more. Your points on oil have already been refuted numerous times yet you continue to offer them up.

For extra credit you can explain how Trump would be managing inflation any better.

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You actually don’t got it because it’s not what I’ve said.  Good job bringing false posts into the argument though:thumbs

You criticized the American rescue plan as inflationary. Those are your words. That was approximately $2 Trillion.

I assumed, because of who you vote for, that you believe the $4 trillion of stimulus under Trump was not inflationary. 

You are free to put that notion to rest, however, and prove my assumption wrong by saying that the stimulus under Trump - twice as large - was inflationary. 

• Plus1 2