Biden Foreign Policy

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm confused then as to why you think inflation is Biden's fault

Your probably confused because my point has been that inflation didn’t need to get this bad before they recognized it was an issue.   Things like the 1.9 in additional spending that wasn’t needed could have been put on the back burner.  More pressure could have been put on the Fed to act sooner.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

You know what pisses me off more about this whole situation than anything? I have been forced to defend Biden and Democrats (who I really can’t stand) against the delusions and lack of logic being displayed by Republicans. It’s mind numbing how they twist and contort things to continue to justify their support of all things Republican and to vilify everything else.  The solution is actually easy. Do what I did, leave the party and actually pay attention. The Rs don’t have all the answers, and lately they’ve had none but the most dangerous ones.

What has the Biden administration done to help curtail the main issues affecting families today?  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

What has the Biden administration done to help curtail the main issues affecting families today?  

IDK, I got a pretty nice check that helped a lot (wait. because I had an extra $1,000- inflation! must siphon any extra cash from the populace). The monthly child tax credit payments were very helpful in getting through pandemic (even though they were just an early dispersment of money I'd have gotten as a tax return anyway.) The American Rescue plan funds have created many jobs and provided access to funding for my young business to help make up for lost revenue during the pandemic. Local fire station is getting new equipment, town is getting new water infrastructure.  Seems to me he's done a lot to address Trump's f*ck up for my family, my business, my community, and my state. Sure it was stuff he wouldn't have had to do if Trump didn't precede him, but hey. The rich got what they wanted them huge tax cuts were great for them. 

You know what is really driving inflation? The rich having too much money, and the tap drying out, and them trying to squeeze every last drop for themselves. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You first. What can he do or what would you like to see/have seen him do differently? What would the Rs be doing differently?

And you can give the stimulus payments, drilling and pipeline a rest. We all know if stimulus payments in the hands of consumers is the issue then Trump did twice as bad at it and your oil complaints have already been shown to be pipe dreams.

This is not a defense of what Biden has/hasn't done. I'm sure there are some things he could be doing better/differently but I honestly don't know what they are. @ZRod offered a few ideas. Yes, the economy sucks right now. Instead of taking the lazy way out and blaming the sitting President (as people so often do), what are the solutions? Throw out some good ones that are actually viable and I'll agree with you.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

More pressure could have been put on the Fed to act sooner.  

I'll somewhat agree with this. But....how do higher interest rates help "American families", as you phrased your question? I mean sure, cooling spending is necessary to combat inflation (which helps consumers) but consumers and businesses also borrow money and pay interest (which hurts consumers). Businesses charge more for their products to recover those interest expenses and consumers are having to spend more on interest.

Pressuring the Fed is one thing but it isn't actually a policy Biden could directly enact. And I really don't think we want our Presidents to have direct control of economic variables like that. Can you imagine how they would misuse that power being guided by their own selfish election concerns? I can.

• 1 month later...

I suppose international relations is always a messy undertaking and Biden's probably meeting with this murderous thug in an effort to lower gas prices but damn that's uncouth.  Biden better have received something in exchange for the American people, preferably in the form of lower prices at the pump.  

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I suppose international relations is always a messy undertaking and Biden's probably meeting with this murderous thug in an effort to lower gas prices but damn that's uncouth.  Biden better have received something in exchange for the American people, preferably in the form of lower prices at the pump.  

Ummm the President has no control over gas.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Those darn Saudis

That is awesome!

It will be very interesting to see if they pull it off and if it works the way they intend it to.

Good luck to them, because that could be a very important shift for humanity!

• Oh Yeah! 1
13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That is awesome!

It will be very interesting to see if they pull it off and if it works the way they intend it to.

Good luck to them, because that could be a very important shift for humanity!

Unbelievable scope and magnitude...and budget lol

25 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Unbelievable scope and magnitude...and budget lol

I mean, you have to “pre sell” living spaces and work spaces, right?

I can’t envision a space for 5 million people to just sit empty while they build it.  The project managers aren’t going to sleep for the next 15 years! The communication and calculus required to successfully pull this off will be more impressive than sending astronauts to Mars.  In my very humble opinion.

• Plus1 1

So they're going to make a huge giant mirror that reflects light across the environment potentially permanently damaging animal and plant life? I guess that's why it's in the desert.

There's going to be huge issues with heating and cooling a structure this massive. They'll probably need dedicated transportation lines for food and utility type services. Also, what exactly is going to drive the economy of this engineered city? I don't think they'll be manufacturing, mining/pumping, or farming anything in there.