Biden Foreign Policy

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m going to ask a silly question.

Wouldn’t it have been better to use the guns rather than a missile to bring down the balloon? Tear a few holes in the balloon so it descends more gently. Easier to retrieve intact and fewer pieces in a narrower area?

I’m guessing the answer is that guns aren’t as accurate as a heat seeking missile. But it just seems like that would’ve been worth an attempt. IDK.

All I know is that the well-armed militia of Montana was as helpless as kittens against a goddamn balloon and needed the government to step in and do the job for them. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1

12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The Biden administration has offered to show the Trump administration just where the Trump administration failed to even realize that Chinese balloons were afloat, overhead.   "Wait..... what balloons?". :confucius

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/05/trump-officials-deny-chinese-spy-balloons-00081257

But but but the Trump administration seemed so on the ball and adept at dealing with all government agencies. I simply can’t imagine how they could’ve screwed the pooch on something so grave and sinister as a few wayward balloons.

Honestly, the Pentagon was probably hesitant to inform Trump. I can just see him scrambling for the nuclear football, wanting to launch some ICBMs to take out a balloon.

Do these people not realize that our adversaries have satellites with similar surveillance capabilities as ours? I realize other countries shouldn’t be violating our airspace but some of these panicky horrified overreactions are a bit much.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

All I know is that the well-armed militia of Montana was as helpless as kittens against a goddamn balloon and needed the government to step in and do the job for them. 

Not armed well enough. The NRA is feverishly working to get all citizens armed with Stingers and RPGs with a 20 mile range….just like the founding fathers guaranteed us in the 2nd Amendment.

33 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The Biden administration has offered to show the Trump administration just where the Trump administration failed to even realize that Chinese balloons were afloat, overhead.   "Wait..... what balloons?". :confucius

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/05/trump-officials-deny-chinese-spy-balloons-00081257

Let's be honest - if he was shown them while in office he just would have taken a sharpie to the photo and crossed them out.  Poof!  No balloons!

• TBH 1

11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Let's be honest - if he was shown them while in office he just would have taken a sharpie to the photo and crossed them out.  Poof!  No balloons!

he was known to ignore the daily briefings.   he might actually not know about the balloons because he ignored the briefing those days

20 minutes ago, commando said:

he was known to ignore the daily briefings.   he might actually not know about the balloons because he ignored the briefing those days

From the Politico article it sounds like you didn’t read

“This information was discovered after the prior administration left. The intelligence community is prepared to offer key officials from the Trump administration briefings on [China’s] surveillance program,” one of the officials said. The official, along with several others, asked not to be named in order to discuss sensitive information.

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, commando said:

How could a rookie even come up with the idea of strengthening intelligence defenses when he's not interested in doing his job of reading and digesting his daily briefings but instead rage tweeting on the toilet about the latest perceived grievance?   But of course that'll be flipped back onto his subordinates.  "The Buck Stops Here"...lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...