Biden Foreign Policy

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

This was a few days ago, but just saw it. Very cool.

There is a veteran that speaks at our church once or 2x a year that is involved with this.   He also started a program for vets wt PTSD which he suffered from - called Mighty Oaks.  I don't think that he himself went back in but he helped to organize it as one of the families he wanted to get was his interpreter and his family - which they did get out. He was over in the Middle East someplace when our church showed a video last week about the work they are doing getting people out of Afghan.   I can't imagine the courage to do what those guys are doing behind the lines. 

https://www.mightyoaksprograms.org/

• Plus1 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:17 PM, Archy1221 said:

I had no talking points nor  talked about a dude from a helicopter but I’m sure you will have more snark tomorrow.  

We should all be happy if there are no service dogs being left behind.  

Still, you gotta wonder who is crafting, packaging and disseminating misinformation about abandoned dogs and dangling soldiers, knowing the debunking won't matter to the folks outraged. 

• Plus1 2

The US presence over the last 20 years did something positive. The women written about below are their 20s. I hope they survive and make a change.

“The women's march — the second in as many days in Kabul — began peacefully. Demonstrators laid a wreath outside Afghanistan's Defense Ministry to honor Afghan soldiers who died fighting the Taliban before marching on to the presidential palace.

‘We are here to gain human rights in Afghanistan,’ said 20-year-old protester Maryam Naiby. ‘I love my country. I will always be here.’

As the protesters' shouts grew louder, several Taliban officials waded into the crowd to ask what they wanted to say.

Flanked by fellow demonstrators, Sudaba Kabiri, a 24-year-old university student, told her Taliban interlocutor that Islam's Prophet gave women rights and they wanted theirs. The Taliban official promised women would be given their rights but the women, all in their early 20s, were skeptical.

As the demonstrators reached the presidential palace, a dozen Taliban special forces ran into the crowd, firing in the air and sending demonstrators fleeing. Kabiri, who spoke to The Associated Press, said they also fired tear gas.”

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Redux said:

I'm sure Jen Psaki will have a snarky circle back comment about this one

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9967195/Bombshell-leaked-emails-State-Department-refused-greenlight-Afghan-evacuation-planes-Report.html

Just more outstanding efforts made by this Administration 

Doesn’t seem like the best look for the Administration.  So much for “the adults” being in charge 

• Plus1 1