Biden Foreign Policy

I feel for these folks, but there has to be a better way. I am not sure what the vaccination rate among these folks is, but I would bet it’s low. Also how did get there?

Officials have described an "out of control" situation as they scramble to cope with a flood of migrants that has spiked from 4,000 on Wednesday to now what Pfluger said was 14,878 as of Saturday afternoon. 

The administration has been facing a surge in migration since taking office, which has hit a high of more than 200,000 encounters a month in both July and August.

Sept. 18, 2021: Migrants camp under the International Bridge in Del Rio. (Rep. Pfluger.)

Sept. 18, 2021: Migrants camp under the International Bridge in Del Rio. (Rep. Pfluger.)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

I feel for these folks, but there has to be a better way. I am not sure what the vaccination rate among these folks is, but I would bet it’s low. Also how did get there?

Officials have described an "out of control" situation as they scramble to cope with a flood of migrants that has spiked from 4,000 on Wednesday to now what Pfluger said was 14,878 as of Saturday afternoon. 

The administration has been facing a surge in migration since taking office, which has hit a high of more than 200,000 encounters a month in both July and August.

Looks like Lot 7 during a Husker game.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would venture to say that human traffickers are making money by telling these people they can get them into the US.  They then take them to Mexico and have them hike north to the border.

I don't doubt that.

How do we explain 15,000 at once...when they allegedly fled Haiti 10 years ago and have been hanging out in Central and South America all that time.

There was coordination somewhere.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who would it most politically benefit?

Hard to say. There are angles for "both sides".

I think first and foremost it would be the Rs, so they can tout the ineffectiveness of Biden's efforts. But let's not discount the Ds using it to promote less stringent border guidelines by strumming the heartstrings for these tired hungry and poor refugees 

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Hard to say. There are angles for "both sides".

I think first and foremost it would be the Rs, so they can tout the ineffectiveness of Biden's efforts. But let's not discount the Ds using it to promote less stringent birder guidelines by strumming the heartstrings for these tired hungry and poor refugees 

I think we both know the answer. But "both sides" must be the narrative. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's the Republicans. It's awful PR for Biden. 

But you knew that. 

"both sides"  :rolleyes:

Of course Republicans don't want people stampeding our border and ultimately released onto US soil, with a vague promise to appear later...which is what happened to about 1/3 of those folks.

But you knew that :thumbs

• Plus1 1