Biden Foreign Policy

• 1 month later...

I’m finding the death of Queen Elizabeth very interesting. I’m not someone who gets into tabloid stuff. But, the influence is interesting. 

we have always known her as the queen. The position is important to that country, but has no real power. 

What will change?  Charles has indicated that he wants to shrink the monarchy and key on social and global issues like climate change. 

The Queen had her faults, but she was always a calming influence and found tradition and formality very important. 

Like I said, King Charles has no real power. But, he can influence the direction and mood of the country. 

13 billion for one ship. It was commissioned 5 years ago and this is the first time it’s deployed. 

I have a love hate relationship with this. I’m amazed with this and admire the crew that get to work on it. I came very close to joining the navy out of HS with the dream of working on something like this. 

But, our extreme over spending on military has to stop. The aircraft carriers we already had are way above what is needed. 

But, at the same time, dang this is cool…..if it works. 

https://news.yahoo.com/watch-us-navys-first-class-163744238.html

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

13 billion for one ship. It was commissioned 5 years ago and this is the first time it’s deployed. 

I have a love hate relationship with this. I’m amazed with this and admire the crew that get to work on it. I came very close to joining the navy out of HS with the dream of working on something like this. 

But, our extreme over spending on military has to stop. The aircraft carriers we already had are way above what is needed. 

But, at the same time, dang this is cool…..if it works. 

https://news.yahoo.com/watch-us-navys-first-class-163744238.html

Russia has one aircraft carrier, it barely works, and it spews smoke like a locomotive.

What military program hasn't gone over budget in the last 20 years? We seriously need to clean house on the bean counters and program managers at the Pentagon. There needs to be way more accountability for spending and late changes that drive added cost.

• Plus1 1