2021-2022 Huskers.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

One more departure expected. That person had already informed the coaches but it hasn't been announced yet.

Banton expected back despite slipping in the rotation. Lakes could come back on a free year. Thor expected to explore professional options. 

Stevenson

McGowans

Lat

Walker

Andre

Those are the options then?

17 hours ago, Comish said:

That'd be my guess....

The only other one I could maybe see is walker. Would be real surprised, but he’s the only one who really hasn’t publicly announced his commitment to the program, and he could be a real help to a lot of programs that are a step above nebrasketball. He’s the only one that I would say there’s a sliver of a chance. 

4 hours ago, cornheadnation said:

The only other one I could maybe see is walker. Would be real surprised, but he’s the only one who really hasn’t publicly announced his commitment to the program, and he could be a real help to a lot of programs that are a step above nebrasketball. He’s the only one that I would say there’s a sliver of a chance. 

Why????   He’s flat out said he’s coming back.  

• Plus1 1
On 3/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Really, you know that it was Hoiberg who made the decision and not Woods.  Your guess is as good as mine, but there are a lot in players in front of him.  Young players do not want to sit, they want to play and I am guessing he did not want to ride the pine for another year.  Can't say I'm not disappointed.

hahahaha-- Ya, just keep singing this kids praises. 

And yes, I am fairly confident Hoiberg showed him the door by letting him know he wasnt going to see minutes.

On last week's Pick 6 Podcast, McKewon and Evan Bland had a good conversation on which players they expect to come back and which players are expected to leave.  McKewon mentioned that the key reason basketball is much different than football is that there are so many more opportunities to play pro basketball compared to football.  Sam also said that Thor and Stevenson are both 23 years old.  Regardless where they stand academically, they are both probably ready to move on and start their professional basketball careers.  A guy like Kobe Webster is only 21, so he's young for his "grade", and he's willing to go one more year in college basketball, especially if he's going to get significant minutes.

• Plus1 2