2021-2022 Huskers.

• 4 months later...

Definitely seems like the starters will be Verge, McGowens, McGowens, Mayen, Walker.

Speculation that the main rotation guys will be Breidenback, Edwards, Tominaga and Wilcher.  

Not sure how much time that leaves for Webster, Andre, McPherson and Lakes.  Kojents expected to redshirt.

Lakes apparently showed out well at the Pro Day.  He had shoulder issues that bothered him last year and required extensive surgery but is apparently fully recovered. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Definitely seems like the starters will be Verge, McGowens, McGowens, Mayen, Walker.

Speculation that the main rotation guys will be Breidenback, Edwards, Tominaga and Wilcher.  

Not sure how much time that leaves for Webster, Andre, McPherson and Lakes.  Kojents expected to redshirt.

Lakes apparently showed out well at the Pro Day.  He had shoulder issues that bothered him last year and required extensive surgery but is apparently fully recovered. 

Andre showed some moments last year and I think if he keeps growing, he will crack the rotation. Wilheim can shoot a bit more, so not shocking he is getting some time. 

Webster is a vet presence. He will see time when they need someone to play smart. 

Overall, I think it will vary who is hot and doing what they need to. 

6 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Andre showed some moments last year and I think if he keeps growing, he will crack the rotation. Wilheim can shoot a bit more, so not shocking he is getting some time. 

Webster is a vet presence. He will see time when they need someone to play smart. 

Yeah, I was a little surprised that Andre wasn't seen to be in the more regular rotation.  He definitely did some good things last year and seemed to have a lot of potential.

Would kind of suck for Webster if he's kind of the odd man out.  But I wouldn't be shocked if Wilcher beats him out either.

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

I know there was some concern about Tominaga's height. Is he a legit 6'2" as he was listed? I know @ECisGod was at opening night, maybe you can give us an idea? 

Yeah, I'd like to see some pictures of him standing by others.  

Obviously tough to tell from a seated photo.  He looks huge compared to Verge who is listed at 6-3.  But he's not a lot different than McGraw (15) who's listed at 6-0.

E_5VzNEVgBAgyFn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Oh Yeah! 1

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I forgot Edwards is immediately eligble.  That would stink for Webster.  But I guess that speaks to the increase in talent if guys like that are getting pushed down the lineup.  

57 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The one that surprises me is Mayen.  He's a solid player, but he's just never been one that impresses me a bunch.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The one that surprises me is Mayen.  He's a solid player, but he's just never been one that impresses me a bunch.

Yeah, I can't remember exactly the story there.  But it was something to the effect of he practiced better than he played last year.  Just couldn't get on-track much during games for whatever reason.  But he's gotten stronger and another year of experience so they're hoping it translates better this year.

1 hour ago, GSG said:

I know there was some concern about Tominaga's height. Is he a legit 6'2" as he was listed? I know @ECisGod was at opening night, maybe you can give us an idea? 

I'm not sure.  The only time I remember Tominaga being near Verge he was in a defensive stance & Verge was trying to break him down so neither was standing up straight.  He was quick enough to keep Verge in front of him so he's pretty quick because Verge blew by/stepped back on everyone else who tried to guard him one on one (not that there was a lot of D played).

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Andre was shooting & making 3's during warmups.  Not sure how many he would shoot in a game, but the ability is there.

I'd say early in the season the rotation will be:

Starters - Verge, T McGowens, B McGowens, Mayen, Walker

Bench - Webster, Tominaga, Edwards, Breidenbach, Andre

End of the Bench - McPherson, Wilcher, Lakes with Kojenets redshirting

I don't think any of the walk-ons will get significant time & I wouldn't be surprised to see McPherson & Wilcher get more time throughout the season as they learn the system.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1