What will the game result be?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit wi
    • Iowa single digit win
    • Iowa double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2021 at 03:22 AM

I do hope we play well against iowa.  Can't stand their fans...much like they probably can't stand us.  This is, however, a totally different animal than the state university of new jersey.  Rutgers can't shoot it well from deep & we exploited that.  They missed a lot of open shots.  Doc had a masterful defensive game plan and the guys executed it very well 

Iowa has loads of shooters, and garza is going to get 20 and 10 unless we throw doubles and triples at him all game.

Have to make the elder mccaffrey beat us from deep...and have to make that toussaint kid shoot.  He reminds me of benny parker.  A pest that can lock down defensively and facilitate & drive...can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Go skers!

https://theathletic.com/2425562/2021/03/04/college-basketball-rankings-illinois/

5. Iowa (18-7)

Fact: Iowa’s defense has improved. We wrote as much last week, when we noted that in four straight wins the Hawkeyes had held Rutgers, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Penn State to a combined 254 points in 270 possessions, the kind of per-trip defensive pace that would make Iowa one of the best defensive teams in the Big Ten, were they able to sustain it. Of course, their next game was Michigan, and Michigan is really good, and — cue the narrator voice — Iowa did not sustain it. Anyone who thought the sudden uptick in defensive performance was more a result of Iowa’s opponents being bad at putting the ball in the net (and there was some vocal dissent on this topic in the comments last week) would have felt pretty vindicated when the Hawks got back from the Crisler Center.

And then what happened? Iowa went to Columbus and held Ohio State to 57 points in 66 trips.

• Plus1 1

https://theathletic.com/2425060/2021/03/04/college-basketball-picks-michigan-state-michigan-oklahoma-state-baylor-and-more/

Nebraska at No. 5 Iowa (-16½), 9 p.m., Big Ten Network. Don’t look now, but Nebrasketball is on a roll! Well, sort of. The Huskers have beaten Minnesota and Rutgers in back-to-back games without leading scorer Teddy Allen, who left the program. There’s a chance Iowa could let its guard down here with a Senior Day clash against Wisconsin looming this weekend. But the Hawkeyes could just as easily win by 30. This should be a good time for Luka Garza to cement his POY status, especially after Ayo Dosunmu’s teammates were rude enough to hurt the Illinois guard’s chances. The pick: Iowa

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My beer last night must have been laced with Kool aid because I'm allowing myself to think we have a shot at knocking Iowa off tonight.

Have to some way..some how...pester and frustrate Garza.  

Beer & Kool Aid sounds like a really bad combination.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My beer last night must have been laced with Kool aid because I'm allowing myself to think we have a shot at knocking Iowa off tonight.

Have to some way..some how...pester and frustrate Garza.  

Wish I could share your optimism, but I think Iowa is our worst matchup in the entire league with Garza inside and Bohannon (seems like he's been there forever) always tough against us on the outside; along with their other outside threats. Even though we are playing better, I could see a blowout tonight.

10 minutes ago, Comish said:

Wish I could share your optimism, but I think Iowa is our worst matchup in the entire league with Garza inside and Bohannon (seems like he's been there forever) always tough against us on the outside; along with their other outside threats. Even though we are playing better, I could see a blowout tonight.

Fred said in his press conference yesterday "we could play a great game and lose by 20" so yeah lol