What will the game result be?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit wi
    • Iowa single digit win
    • Iowa double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2021 at 03:22 AM

1 hour ago, Comish said:

Wish I could share your optimism, but I think Iowa is our worst matchup in the entire league with Garza inside and Bohannon (seems like he's been there forever) always tough against us on the outside; along with their other outside threats. Even though we are playing better, I could see a blowout tonight.

That is what my head is also telling me.  But, I want to beat them so bad my heart is whispering certain things to me.

I will be content if Stevenson and Yvan's only contribution tonight is issuing throat punches to Fran, his stupid looking kid, Garza and JBlow.

And please whomever JBlow is shadowing, in what he pretends to call defense, take him to the rim every possession if need be.  Iowa opponents have not exploited that moron near enough.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

We beat them last year in basketball. This game has sort of followed the script of every time they've played at Iowa.

And If I am remembering correctly, (for a natural geographic rivalry), there have been a number of years where we didn't play home and home and for most of those years that it has just been a single game, it's been AT Iowa. Go figure, an oddity in the Big Ten scheduling process involving Nebraska....

14 minutes ago, Comish said:

And If I am remembering correctly, (for a natural geographic rivalry), there have been a number of years where we didn't play home and home and for most of those years that it has just been a single game, it's been AT Iowa. Go figure, an oddity in the Big Ten scheduling process involving Nebraska....

Those are things that only bad teams care about, same as playing Ohio State every year seemingly in football.  If we were good no one would even notice scheduling things like that, or would welcome it.

54 minutes ago, Comish said:

Without looking, even in our better years, if we've played at Iowa, its been double digit losses. Not as bad as it was tonight, but we've never had good success in Iowa City.

This was a painful game to watch. We have no answer (nor do most teams lately) for what Iowa does with their offense. Their skill people make them go plus the quickness at which they play. Pack the lane they kill you with threes. Play a tight man to man Garza will eat you up inside.  Plus their defense is quick and takes away open looks. I'll be curious how deep they go in the Big Ten and NCAA tourneys.

• Plus1 1